Anyone here use Legal Helpers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here use Legal Helpers?

If so what was your experience? My husband used them over 8 years ago when he filed, so we decided to go with them again. Everything seemed ok with our lawyer when we met with her, but now when I google the internet I see horror stories about them. We have already retained them and started making payments. I'm sure these handful of stories I see are minor compared to the thousands of clients that they have/had. Just want to know others experiences and any issues they may have had. We are claiming chapter 7 no assets in Illinois. BTW I tried doing a search but when I click on the posts they must be out dated and doesn't show me any of the replies.

Legal Helpers

My husband and I hired them last Feb 2009 and it took them until September 11th 2009 to file for us. We would NOT hire them again and I would not
    recommend anyone to them.. If you can go to nolo.com and read all you
    can about bankruptcy and which chapter you want/need to file and maybe
    you can get someone to do the paperwork for you and save alot of money.
    Please interview a couple of firms before you hire. Best of luck to you

Comment

If you don't mind me asking, did you do a payment plan with them? Also did you mail in your paper work or did you take it to them to make sure they had it in hand? We have already retained them, and have made two payments with them, only because we went with them when my husband filed over 8 years ago.

Comment

Legal Helpers:A Nightmare you pay for

Do not even bother, it seems that this company has taken a wrong turn somewhere. I paid my retainer and fees back in October of 2009 for my BK 13 petitiion. It took them almost 7 months to file. They do not return voicemails, e-mails and fax requests. This company keeps you in the dark. You can not even get a straight answer from there reps @ the 800#. The attorney that is assigned to you is always busy or out of the office. When I was finally summoned for my 341 Trustees meeting, my attorney did not even show up. I frantically called the 800 # because it was nearing the end of the day and I did not want to drive another 60 miles and reschedule my meeting. They did send a replacement and according to her, my attorney did not show beacuse he was at a signing with another client. I guess you stop being their client after they have your money. They move on to the next victim (OOPS, sorry, client). My advise is to seek a local Attorney and not some big company or corporation that specializes in BK. These large companies are not interested in you or your situation, just your money. It's bad enough your are in a situation where you have to file bankruptcy but hiring the wrong company to represent you makes it even worse. Do your homework & research before you hire your lawyer. The internet is a wonder thing. Notice that people who have compalined about this company have the same story.

Comment

I was very poor and LH were the cheapest I could find to handle my chap 7. I was on a payment plan for their fee. When I was 5 months away from full payment, I had to move. I called them up, updated my address, and continued paying. Thought everything was fine. The day came of the last payment and my official going to file meeting with them at my new town of residence. I get there thinking thank god this will be over soon, boy was I wrong! At this meeting the attorney lets me know that LH doesn't have any jurisdiction in my new county of residence! They were like, ok you will need a new lawyer, no big deal. Of course I was to say the least really pissed off, and then became livid when they told me that not only were they not going to refund me all of my money back, it would also take 6-12 weeks for 'some' of my refund. It total they kept $450 of my money and did absolutely nothing for me except delay my bk for 6 months. Way to go, guys, way to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X