Anyone else in the "eye of the storm"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else in the "eye of the storm"?

The first storm was getting laid off and dealing with the sudden loss of income.

Everything's calm at the moment. The pre-planning is finished. The lawyer has been chosen. The bills we can no longer pay will start coming due in a few weeks.

The creditor calls will be coming then, and continue through summer. Bankruptcy filing is 6 months away. The next storm is coming, and it's unavoidable.

Once that second storm blows over and we're closed and discharged, there should be blue skies ahead!

Too bad we can't fast-forward to Fall 2010!

Anyone else currently in the "waiting" mode?
    Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
    Attended 341 September 2010
    Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Yep. We are. We're waiting for that income to fall far enough to get under the median or perhaps far enough to to pass the means test. Unemployment hit in December and by my forward calculations we would fall under the median test in May so that means a June filing. Possible to move it up a month to a May filing using the means test but my attorney seems bent on a below median income filing. Like you, this can't happen fast enough. I really want to move on past this thing.

Comment

Yes, I am probably half way through the 'waiting period' .....preparing and waiting.

Comment

I spent a year there (almost to the day). Finally filed on 2/10 and it was a huge relief. Now I'm waiting more - 341 meeting on Friday, then another 60 days of waiting. Haven't gotten a single collection call since we filed, which is nice!

Comment

We waited 3 years after our decision to file was made. Mostly to wait for the income to line up for CH 7 and take care of ongoing medical issues.

After a while, it becomes somewhat normal and wasn't much of an intrusion in our lives.

Good luck to you and all who are going through this.
          11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
          12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
          3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

Right there with you! Waiting, waiting, waiting. Will the calls never end? What is coming in the mail today? I am actually at peace though. Once I stopped caring about keeping "all" this I'm untouchable. It will all be over by Fall 2010.

Comment

Same here. Haven't paid a cc bill since Aug 08. Still get the calls, some of the collection agencies are getting a bit strange. Saying things like...ok Ms.....this it the 29th time we've called you with no curtousy call backs....
              We need to know your intentions...

My 'intentions' are NOT to talk to you and I don't have any freckin money to pay you people....GET IT???? Geez

Comment

Same here. We're waiting. We've known for sure that bankruptcy was coming for 2 almost 3 months. We'll file sometime this month. The collection calls are coming and we're just ingnoring the calls A bit nervous about having a bankruptcy on record but it's become needed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X