Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support Groups For The Bankrupt

Hello everyone.

I have been looking high and low for information about Bk support groups, information or seminars -anywhere.

BK is such a stressful time not only for the person filing, but for the entire family. It would be great if there was someone(s) who was focusing on helping people rebuld their "emotional" lives, not just their "financial" lives after bankruptcy.

For the sake of everyone on this forum, if you know of any such support groups, people, companies, books, seminars, etc. that help the bankrupt rebuild from the inside-out (self-esteem, confidence, happiness, their marriage, etc.) please post what it is, where it is, how much it costs, etc. so we can all benefit.

Thank you!

shg

Originally posted by shg View Post
    Hello everyone.

I have been looking high and low for information about Bk support groups, information or seminars -anywhere.

BK is such a stressful time not only for the person filing, but for the entire family. It would be great if there was someone(s) who was focusing on helping people rebuld their "emotional" lives, not just their "financial" lives after bankruptcy.

For the sake of everyone on this forum, if you know of any such support groups, people, companies, books, seminars, etc. that help the bankrupt rebuild from the inside-out (self-esteem, confidence, happiness, their marriage, etc.) please post what it is, where it is, how much it costs, etc. so we can all benefit.

Thank you!

shg
    I would also like to know if such groups exist. It's a stressful and somewhat lonely time. My self confidence has taken a major hit along with my credit scores. Right now it's difficult to find joy in anything.

Comment

Hi Folks, I know of no support group out there--at least in our community, because we a small rural community--that you can go to and physically meet such as a Weight Watchers group, or a similar entity. Unfortunately, bankruptcy has such a negative connotation for many people, I doubt such a group does exist.

Keep reading through the various posts from newbies on this forum and all of its' boards, and you will see that the overwhelming feelings are of shame, failure, etc.

Also keep reading through this forum and all of its' boards, and you will see how the various members support and give encouragement to the newbies. And as each member steps through the process, and posts their progress, the newer members learn a little more, and receive a little more encouragement.

Eventually, a member will complete the process, and be Discharged, and that person will be given a celebratory round of congratulations from the other members who are on board at the time, as well as a celebratory Victory Dance.

So, I suppose you can consider that the BK Forum acts as a Support Group.

As in any support group, whenever one of the members suspects that another member is trying to pull a 'fast one', or otherwise 'work' the system, or manipulate the members, that person WILL be called on it and he/she can be reprimmanded or banned.

Good luck to you both!
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Debtors Anonymous is free and wonderful support. A few years ago I went to a few meetings in my area - wonderful! They also help with budgeting.

Comment

I know that I'm very fortunate because I have a very supportive network of family and a couple of close friends. Be that as it may, there's no way I could have made it this far without reading the posts on this site. I agree with AngelinaCat. Use this site as your support. It's great when others congratulate you on your accomplishments. Hang in there. We're all doing this together.

PS I haven't read this, but it was recommended by another member on this site: Bankruptcy, How to Survive and Prosper.
          Filed: 4/30/2010; 341: 6/7/2010; Discharged: 8/11/2010; Closed: 8/16/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X