top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does our DL have to have our current address on it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does our DL have to have our current address on it.

We have our 341 meeting on the 5th of August. Our old ID has our address on it from before we filed. We are still in the same date.

I don't believe it matters.
    DL is required to prove personal identification, not verify address.

Comment

Originally posted by yomann View Post
      I don't believe it matters.
      DL is required to prove personal identification, not verify address.
      This is true. Most states require you to change address within 30 days of moving. It is not a big deal if not done as they don't usually enforce that rule. The Trustee does not care but you do need a valid mailing address for all legal documents you will get. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Nah. At our 341, my DL had the new address on it and DH's had the old one, and there were no questions asked.
        DH laid off 3/08 | Last mortgage payment 12/09 | Filed Ch13 5/10 | Converted to Ch7 7/10 | 341 held 8/10 | AP filed by secured creditor 10/10 | Ch7 discharged & closed 11/10 | Foreclosure 10/2011

Comment

This happened to me at my 341 meeting last week. SSN matched petition, DL had old address on it. Trustee noted both facts for the record, confirmed my new address, and proceeded forward. My current address was listed on the petition, BTW.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X