Who actually gets the money. creditors or collection agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who actually gets the money. creditors or collection agency

Since all my credit cards were turned over to collection agencies and they are the ones sending the statements with a discounted amount they want to collect, who will the trustee pay? Them or the original credit card company with the amount I owe on them?

The trustee is going to pay whoever the claim says to pay. From what I understand (someone will correct me if I am wrong) the address you should list on your forms is actual creditor.
    Then as I understand it 1 of 3 things will happen. (someone please correct me if I am wrong)
    1. original creditor submits a claim, and gets the money directly.
    2. original creditor forwards information on to collection agency (assuming they bought the debt), and they submit the claim.
    3. original creditor submits a claim, then later submits paperwork changing the recipient for that claim. (for got what the actual request is called)

but the short answer is that they work that out themselves....

Comment

Thanks. I gave all those papers to my lawyer, original creditors and the collection agencies. Just hope they both can't file and I end up paying double the amount. I would rather pay the collection agency since they are wanting a little less but that would be too good to be true.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X