A couple basic bk questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple basic bk questions

Hi all... I have another couple of basic bankruptcy questions that i'm confused on.

1. How does the court (trustee?) know everything we have? Do they just trust what we list as assests or does someone visit our home? We don't plan on leaving anything out, but I also wouldn't want to miss something accidently and have it come back and bite me in the butt later if someone has to inventory our stuff.

2. Who decides if we get to reaffirm a car? We owe more than it's probably worth (by about $1000), but we need it.

Okay... got the answer to #2, but what about the first question... does anyone know?

Comment

1). The trustee knows what you have, because you are supposed to list them on your petition. Don't worry about the trustee going to home and conducting some sort of inventory of your assets.

-Todd
      The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Phew! We are certainly planning on listing everything, but I didn't want to have forgotten something and be in trouble for it if they did an inventory!

Thanks!

Comment

Do not be generous as to the value of your items. Bottom dollar garage sale value.
          "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

~laughs~ That's about all any of our stuff is worth anyway... even being generous!

Comment

Honestly, I think even though you may have fairly nice stuff, if these things would be sold at a garage sale, they would end up having little $ worth. I agree with robivi3, don't over estimate!
              Edyta...
              Discharged April 2005

Comment

I'm not joking. he will drag you through the coals for a little (to him, not us)$$$$$$!
                "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

Oh don't worry, I won't overestimate... we seriously don't have anything nice anyway, and the most expensive stuff we do have isn't worth more than $75, and that's a computer! (it's a piece of crap!) We're borrowing our bed, dining room table, and TV stand from a friend while he's in Korea on business, and we rent our couch... so, nothing expensive or even close.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X