Privacy and BK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Privacy and BK

Talking do an attorney the other day, I was suprised to learn that I wouldn't have to put my address on any BK paperwork. Hence, the amount of personal info that will show up on PACER is limited. This is important to me because my past-life comes complete with a creepy-stalker-ex-husband that I really don't crawling around in my financial affairs.

The attorney indicated that the trustee will very likely inquire about the PO box, but the explanation about personal privacy and security will suffice as an answer.

I'm not sure if this is something that is state-specific, but I thought I would offer up the info to the forum anyway. There seem to be lots of questions on the forum about "who will know." There are a bunch of posts on the same topic but sometimes the search results are a bit broad. I had seen other posts about using a PO box but didn't really connect the dots. I just wanted to post this little tidbit of info in case it can help anyone in the future.
    OK - from now on it's not a "Bankruptcy." It's a "Weight Loss Program." I'm in. Sign me up.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X