Medical Bills not stopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medical Bills not stopping

We filed CH7 in 3/2011, 341 5/2011. Awaiting discharge. We included a couple of medical bills (2 different ones). However, we are still receiving bills from BOTH of them. When should this stop, how do we make it stop? I gave our case # by phone to one of them, the other was referred to our attorney when they called in April. I assume it's a computer-automated billing process, but how do we make it stop?? I even double-checked their addresses from our new bills to the creditor matrix on Pacer. It all looks correct.

I would first send a copy of your discharge to both parties. Send it by certified or registered mail. If it continues after that, you can ask your attorney to re-open your case to have the judge hammer them.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
      I would first send a copy of your discharge to both parties. Send it by certified or registered mail. If it continues after that, you can ask your attorney to re-open your case to have the judge hammer them.
      Not discharged yet....

What you probably have is a clerk at the medical offices not doing their job. Your options are to call them, fax them, or mail them with the information of your filing, including your case # and attorney.

If they continue, then have your attorney go after them.
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Thanks Frogger, I misread that.
        Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
        I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I will give it a try!

Comment

Question:

you havent used the same facilities after your filing date, thereby incuring new charges that you'd be responsible for have you?

Just wanted to throw that out there....

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
              Thanks Frogger, I misread that.
              Happens all the time my friend.... I'm probably the KING FROG of misreading!
              All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
              Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
                Question:

you havent used the same facilities after your filing date, thereby incuring new charges that you'd be responsible for have you?

Just wanted to throw that out there....
                Nope, haven't gone back there. In fact, for BOTH, we are only refusing to pay them (and not returning) because they are both billing errors. One had an additional medical person in the room at our appointment that our insurance doesn't cover (and that person just sat there!!), the other keeps billing insurance incorrectly. Every month, we would call and argue it, every month they insisted they would fix it and re-submit to insurance correctly. Every month, we'd get billed again. WE PAID OUR PART!! So we decided they both get nothing more!

Comment

Since you didnt reuse their services since filing - then notify your attorney in writing - that you keep getting billed - and would like a letter sent out to them (certified ret. recpt) that any further billing will result in a suit for damages for BK stay violations.

Or.. you could do it yourself (again, certified return receipt) and CC: your attorney in the letter. That way you have official written notification that you have provided them with and there will be no "we didnt know" down the line should they re-bill you.

Good luck!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X