top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

??Has anyone met a debt collector in their "civilian" life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
    ...Las Vegas sheriff's office doing a booming business on evictions...I don't know how those guys live with themselves...but then...they've go their own bills to pay.

The system is using the working class to oppress the working class!!!
    But see, IamOld, to them, it is just their job - not personal. They live with themselves by compartmentalizing it that way. Just like cops who respond to murder scenes...

If the sheriff's deputies didn't do the evictions, who do you think should?
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

See ValleYum, I know you're right - they're just doing their "job." But about a year ago, the elected Sheriff of Cook County (Chicago) decided he couldn't live with himself any more and stopped doing evictions.

I mean the question is...if we all just "do our jobs" when do we stop? When do we - collectively - say that we are not going to be enforcers for the economic elites and we won't essentially crack the skulls of our fellow workers?

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
        See ValleYum, I know you're right - they're just doing their "job." But about a year ago, the elected Sheriff of Cook County (Chicago) decided he couldn't live with himself any more and stopped doing evictions.
        Then he should be removed from office.
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
          Then he should be removed from office.
          :-) He wasn't - the people were behind him...it's an elected position.

Comment

I just found out someone I went to HS with is a debt collector. I found out when she "checked" in on facebook at the local court house. Her status was "Love my job - Taking dead beats to court". I guess I won't be discussing my BK with her anytime soon....lol
            "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Hello Freddy - lovely person that one is...hopefully she'll never loose her job, insurance, have ANY problems in life...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X