Creditors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditors

I know I am heading for BK and each day I wonder if that's the day. In the meantime, I have a creditor out of state that is hounding me. What is the best way to keep the creditor at bay for a while? I am already a few months overdue in paying.

I ought to mention I lost my job - this is why I can't pay - but it doesn't stop the creditor wanting my last cent.
    Last edited by spearmint; 03-05-2012, 06:11 PM.

Hi and welcome, if you are in the planning stages of BK one of the things you may want to do is search for Google Voice. After you research it then set it up, its free. You will have to change or update your profile/contact info with your creditors and make sure they have the new phone number (its a google voice number that goes directly to your computer voice mail and stores all the calls). It will make your life so much easier until you can file. Good Luck!

Comment

Thank you. Will the callers know that this is a Google number? I suppose the idea is for calls to go to this number so that I am not harrassed ( and perhaps never check it?)

Comment

I was wondering if there is anything I can do in the meantime to stop this creditor trying to sue me before I can file.

Comment

How long has it been since your last payment to this creditor? Have you talked to any attorneys yet? Set up your free consults with attorneys and ask lots of questions when you are interviewing them. Search for advice on this forum regarding creditors and law suits, you will get a lot of suggestions for how to delay the actual filing of a law suit against you. Get a timeline together for your bk and start putting things in order, you will feel much better when you realize you are in control. Good luck!

Comment

As long as they know you are out of work and don't have equity in real estate it's less likely they will sue you.
            Lawsuits cost money and if you can make them realize there's nothing to be gotten from it, you are normally safe(r).
            Of course there are some places that will just sue you out of spite.
            Just do your BK pre planning so if you do get sued, you can file BK and the lawsuit will be tossed out.
            When my wife and I filed, we had about 6-7 lawsuits in process against us. All gone.
            filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X