341 Meeting Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Meeting Today

It was super easy. All the trustee did was read a list of questions from her computer all yes or no questions for everyone that had an attorney with them. I actually thought what a boring job she has. The woman ahead of me had a tougher time I think because she filed on her own. The trustee hit her with questions right and left about 2 properties she had previously owned in the past 3 yrs. The woman was getting flustered, it didn't look good for her it sounded like she was hiding something. There wasn't many there and I was out within 10 mins. It looked like she scheduled 3 for every 30 mins.

I am reaffirming the car which my husband drives, he did not file and we co-own it. Now I have to wait and see if I have to go before the judge for it. I was told he sometimes just looks at it and approves it and you don't have to go to court. If all goes well I should be discharged on 6/25/12.

Congratulations on your successful 341.

From my understanding, and our own experience, if you can make the monthly payment w/o hardship to yourself, it never goes to court. The requirement to reaffirm is usually a lender requirement. In our case, it was our Credit Union requirement that we do so. We didn't have any other problems regarding that.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thank you. The bank sent reaffirmation papers to my attorney as soon as I filed. I figured I might as well reaffirm it since it's co-owned which means my husband is responsible for it one way or the other so it might as well keeping showing paid as agreed on our credit reports since it's never been late. It's not a large car loan and not a luxury car so it won't show as a hardship for me. It's actually his car anyway my car is paid for. I don't anticipate any problems since my petition showed I still had a surplus even after all of the debt so with none of the debt I should be good to go.

Did you get anything in the mail showing that you reaffirmed?

Comment

Originally posted by ess View Post
        Did you get anything in the mail showing that you reaffirmed?
        Not that I recall. However, in order to stay with our CU, which 'Hub had been with for more than 40 years, he spent several hours on the telephone with their BK department. We reaffirmed the car loan--about 10-13 months yet to go at $480.00 per month. 'Hub's 'retirement' is $430.00 per month. That, along with some other funds, confirmed that we could pay the car off. And that is how it happened.

Again, I do not remember a paper confirmation. However, I have a huge, thick 4" binder full of our bK paperwork, and there is nothing I recall dealing with that. I will look though, but not tonight. It is in storage in another building.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
          Again, I do not remember a paper confirmation. However, I have a huge, thick 4" binder full of our bK paperwork, and there is nothing I recall dealing with that. I will look though, but not tonight. It is in storage in another building.
          Oh goodness, don't go to all that trouble. It's not that important I'll find out eventually. Our payment is only $256 but we have 5yrs to go on the loan. Without all my debt we can start to double the payments.

Comment

Congrats on the 341!!

We reaffirmed 2 vehicles during our Chapter 7 and never received anything back from the lender by mail. The signed agreements are available on our PACER account.
            ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
            Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
              Congrats on the 341!!

We reaffirmed 2 vehicles during our Chapter 7 and never received anything back from the lender by mail. The signed agreements are available on our PACER account.
              Thank you. I haven't set up a Pacer account yet but now that the meeting is over I plan to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by ess View Post
                The woman ahead of me had a tougher time I think because she filed on her own. The trustee hit her with questions right and left about 2 properties she had previously owned in the past 3 yrs. The woman was getting flustered, it didn't look good for her it sounded like she was hiding something.
                Filed Pro Se after disposing of two properties? Ugh. That is some pretty tough sledding right there.

Just from morbid curiosity, was she asked about who bought them and for how much? Was that the sticking point the Trustee was hammering on?

Comment

Originally posted by btbeme View Post
                  Filed Pro Se after disposing of two properties? Ugh. That is some pretty tough sledding right there.

Just from morbid curiosity, was she asked about who bought them and for how much? Was that the sticking point the Trustee was hammering on?
                  The trustee never asked her about money only if she ever owned property at those two addresses and did she live there. Then the woman started answering softly and I couldn't hear her because my attorney was talking to me. My impression was that the trustee didn't think that she had listed everything correctly on her petition or the trustee felt the woman was hiding something. I say that because the woman said she sold the properties 3 yrs ago, it wasn't like they were foreclosed on. The woman was done faster then me and I was a simple no asset case.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X