Selling motorcyle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling motorcyle

Hi i filled bk and had my 341 on dec 28th. 60 days is feb 28th. I was a no asset case well i'm not sure if he declared me that yet, but i have only a jeep which i already surrendered to the lender, and a motorcycle i own out right that i claimed as exempt.

My question is can i sell a motorcycle i own outright to someone on craigslist for fair market value? Will the trustee even need to know or does this not matter since its after the filling date? I did declare and exempt that motorcycle so the trustee knows about it, i'm just deciding to sell it now.

Thanks!
    Last edited by dmeyer07; 02-04-2013, 01:57 AM.

You are well past your filing date and 341. The motorcycle has been noted and exempted, and everything sounds right, so I think you are in the clear for selling it at fair market value. If you have any doubts at all, you can wait until after you are discharged, but I think you are okay.

What are you going to do for transportation?
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I think i'm going to wait just because i'm second guessing selling it anyway. I am currently driving a car my girlfriend owns that i ll be buying in the near future. Thanks for your reply!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X