Getting ready for the next step

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting ready for the next step

I hope to soon get on with this long process! The long story is posted elsewhere, short story is DW has been unemployed since Sep 2012 = 30% of our income gone. We had to stop paying all unsecured. Saw a lawyer at the end of Dec who agreed Ch13 would be a good solution. I asked if we should continue our HAMP modification efforts and he said if we really thought we could get it we should and wait to file. So at the end of Feb we got a mod offer that was realistic. We are about to send our 3rd trial payment, and just received our final terms paperwork! I just have to sign it and send it back. The payment will be $100 less than our current 1st, but also includes our taxes and ins so in reality is about $500 a month less. And with a mod the penalties go away and the arears is simply part of the principal still owed, so I don't have to try and include arears in the 5 year CH13 plan. I am going to get the 2nd stripped (house is worth 70k less than owed on the 1st) and when the 5 years is up, I will only have this one payment. I am SO TIRED of being stuck, waiting. SO TIRED of the endless phone calls (we just turned the ringer off) and nastygrams. SO TIRED of being scared about my clearance. But it is worth the wait to have my modification! First modified loan payment is 6/1/13. Immediately after that I am going back to the lawyer so we can move on.

Congrats on excellent news!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X