Ugh. Mortgage sold to Green Tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh. Mortgage sold to Green Tree

BofA has sold my mortgage to Green Tree.

BofA has thankfully left me alone with nothing but sending monthly statements (for informational purposes only ) and cashing my checks on my not-reaffirmed mortgage. Here's hoping that Green Tree is just as quiet and leaves me alone.

Is this common with BOA if you don't reaffirm?

Comment

BOA is being forced into selling a lot of their servicing rights as part of their foreclosure settlement with the US government. My rentals were mostly under BofA servicing, but now they're all over the place: Nationstar, Regions, Arvest, Green Tree and BofA.

Comment

B of A sold my mortgage to Greentree in December 2011 after I was late 2 or 3 times within a few months as the US depression began getting it's full grip on the country. It's clear to me that Greentree mostly purchases troubled or delinquent loans. They can be a real pain in the ass, but it took falling behind a couple of months before the incessant phone calls started. I think they bit off a little more than they could chew when they bought the portfolio from B of A. I have only spoken to one ******* supervisor who I hung up on as our conversation that was supposed to confirm why I did not know when I could make my payment evolved into a shouting match. He actually suggested that no other of my bills should be paid, including groceries, until I made a house payment. Everyone else I have spoken to at Greentree has been very nice.

As we went into foreclosure, I was very skeptical when they offered a workout program and later a mortgage modification twice, thinking there must be a catch. I finally pursued the mortgage mod which was real easy as they offered it with no strings other than to fill out very basic paperwork then make the trial payments for the first 4 months on time - 3 months and a fourth month while waiting for the final paperwork to sign. They are apparently real eager to put mods to Fannie Mae loans, which is the owner of my mortgage. However, I was less than impressed when the mod ended up being an extension of the loan from the then-current 23 years out to 40 years in order to reduce the payment using the original interest rate. They played it very close to the vest before the mod was finally approved and would not tell me what form the mod would take. It's not like I had any other options at that point, so we signed the new terms.

Now they begin calling on the 2nd or 3rd day of the month until they receive the payment. I guess I'm on the bad do bee list now.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X