Filed 7 yesterday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed 7 yesterday.

Four years ago, we had money in the bank and no debt all our marriage and most of our lives. Yesterday we filed chapter 7 on over 64k in debt, accrued for various reasons and none frivolous. It's been a HEART-WRENCHING last few years, as this has piled up, and eventually became unmanageable. What a breath of RELIEF this is, and light is at the end of the tunnel. We didn't "want" to do this, we HAD to do this. I will be scouring this forum for information, glad to see it's here. Hello, all.

6 years ago, I was making really good money, had zero debt of any kind, and had a decent cushion of money in the bank. Things happen, although most of my things were self-inflicted through poor decisions and "ostrich head in sand" planning.

Good luck! If you register for pacer (check stickies) then you'll find out your 341 date quicker. If not, you'll get the notice in the mail.
    Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

Welcome to the forum and your fresh start

Pam

Comment

Hi JG, welcome to the forum!
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Welcome to the show. Finally, a light at the end of the tunnel that's not a train coming at you.
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Hi and welcome. You will find many stories here that sound familar. Yes, the sense of relief is remarkable and motivating to move toward that fresh start. Many lessons learned and a change of attitude towards finances will be your new normal. Read, read, read everything here that you can and you will find in the end you will be ok...Good Luck on your journey...

Comment

This site helped me thru my chapter 7. Everyone is completely awesome! I'm all done now and trying to move forward but I still check in from time to time so that I can try and help 'pay back' what was given me. Good luck!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X