top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wife works for new company and needs a credit card!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife works for new company and needs a credit card!

The company my wife works for was recently acquired by another. Through the transition period her corporate card with the previous company will be canceled. The new company will not issue new corporate cards until the transition is final (up to 60 days). She travels extensively and was told by the new HR office to use her personal credit card and she will be reimbursed for all business charges during this transition period. She does not want to disclose our personal finances (i.e. our current bk situation) and tell them we do not have any credit cards to use.

We are 3 months from discharge and only have a debit card that we use. We have no credit cards! My question is do prepaid cc's carry the same clout as a bank issued card? We have the money in savings to put up to $2,000 on a pre paid card. She will be booking hotels and renting cars. She is worried sick!
    Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

First, check this with your attorney. I would try for a secured credit card, before prepaid. Try a local credit union, or Capital One.

Your debit card should work just fine meanwhile, a number of folks here used a debit card for business travel, pre-discharge.

Comment

$2000 secured credit card from a credit union.

Or, she could tell her company she doesn't believe in credit cards for her personal finances and don't have one for that reason. I'd think the company would make some arrangement for her. No need to bring up BK or any financial distress.
      Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

We have not used cc for over 4 yrs (stopped using them before we actually filed) and my husband told his company that we do not believe in them and do not use them period. They made all the flight and rental car arrangements for him and he only had to pay for meals and extras with cash (was reimbursed) or debit card.

He did not give them the option of cash for the hotel and rental cars, he did not want to use our cash for that reason so did not offer. It worked and we knew it would as there are many executives that do not make their own reservations or pay then wait to be reimbursed. We knew there had to be a back up for them and there was. Good Luck!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X