top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Tenancy of Entirety still apply if in-laws also on mortgage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Tenancy of Entirety still apply if in-laws also on mortgage?

So our rental home, and the home we live in both have myself, my husband, and my mother and father-in-law listed as borrowers, and I believe we are all on the deed as well. Would this affect anything in terms of us using the tenancy of entirety clause (PA), if creditors tried to put a lien on the house?

We only have one joint CC, which we are going to try to pay until we can do some pre-BK planning since we were told we don't qualify (another story).

The vast majority of CC debt is in either his or my name separately. His parents basically just co-signed to help us refinance the rental, and build the house we live in. They actually will be filing Ch. 7 in the future as well because of medical debt. Thank you!
    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 04-27-2014, 05:21 PM.

Hi Gava1910. Welcome to the forum. I took care of your duplicate post.

Now with that out of the way, let us us look at how we might be able to give advice and help. For one thing there is no such thing as a person/couple not being able to qualify to file BK.

We need a few more specifics from you before we can offer advice, such as income, outgo--what is happening to the money you receive in your paychecks?

I understand that you have mortgage. But you need to look at both it and the title deed to your place. There may be several people listed on your mortgage papers, that aren't necessarily on the land deed. Another thought: In whose names does the property tax bill come every year? That will tell you who is on the title and who is not. Also, you can take your property's parcel number and go to the website of your county's property appraiser's office, and pull up your information.
    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 04-27-2014, 05:36 PM.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X