I've gone the other way afraid to spend anything................HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
    I will try to add this: When a good bit of money appears in one our accounts, 'Hub says 'yea. Okay I can do this, this, and that'

I have to reel him in and say 'No Dear, we have to do thus and such.

And we more or less agree (at times) to disagree, and we get on with life.
    We have done that before agree to disagree

Comment

Originally posted by spidge View Post
      You know that commercial where the kid comes home from school and Dad asks if she has any change from her lunch money? It's a way of creating that mindset to weigh what one really wants while standing there at the register.
      Pamkev, your close to that dream spot we all try so very hard to get to, so if the fridge still works I would buy the dishwasher as a reward for you and your husband who was in this mess with you. He may need the extra kick to keep him on track. Dedication/diligence/sacrifice must be connected with some kind of reward to stay true to the course. Motivate him with the cash only idea and he will likely make a big effort on the fridge too. Let him shell over the money when it come time to buy and you may see him think quite heavily on it before he pulls a bunch of cash out of his pocket. Maybe a jar so he can see it when he drops change in or even the left over from ending up under budget on anything else.
      I would love to be in your place, believe it or not.
      Exactly what I tell him although he has save money out of his do what I want spending money to buy himself a tool that he wanted for the last few years. I told him that he can keep it up so it can go to a dishwasher or fridge

Comment

From original poster: "DH says I will start to find a way to use toilet paper twice if I could."

In our house, we use a bidet which I installed. Cost - about $25.00.
        Nobody in my house wants to use toilet paper so we save a small fortune just on that item.

As for a dishwasher - our daughter doesn't mind washing the dishes.
        Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X