prebankruptcy classes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

prebankruptcy classes

Anyone been to the pre BK classes that are required ? What are they like and how long does it last?

Thanks in advance
    Thanks,

Chris

Here's a Link that will take you to the list of DOJ approved providers:

http://www.usdoj.gov/ust/

Click on Credit Counseling and Debtor Education.

We used CCCS of Atlanta for our pre-BK Certs.

The whole thing was online. Didn't take long. Partly 'cause we used them for a Consumer Credit Counseling session back in Jan. Trying to decide what we needed to do. So all our CC's and debt stuff was already entered. Just had to update dollar amounts and interest rates.
    Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
    Discharged - 12/2006
    Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
    Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Thanks again, I went to compass of carolina for consumer credit counseling before I decided to file BK... I dont think they offer online , but they do offer evening classes and are like a mile from the house. I will look at that link though because if I can go online that would awsome.
      Thanks,

Chris

Comment

The hard part for us was when we did the Counseling to decide what to do. You have to enter all your CC's and debts into their online forms. That took a while to do. Since we'd already been thru that, the pre-BK session went quicker.

Be sure to get with a DOJ approved Counselor place for your pre-BK Cert.
        Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
        Discharged - 12/2006
        Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
        Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

ice,

its pretty simple really. Just make sure you get your certificate and get a copy to your atty. After your 341 meeting you have, I believe 35 days to do the post bk. That has to be sent in to the trustee before you can get discharged. I have done all this, but am still sitting here waiting on the final discharge and hoping no problems occur!

Good luck!

Comment

thanks for the help, what could go wrong for you now? My attorney told me the hard part was getting all the paperworlk together and typed up to file.
            He said the meeting was pretty easy and after that it was easy. although he maybe just BSing me LOL Im still gonna be nervous....
            Thanks,

Chris

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X