I wanted to share about Health Insurance info I found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted to share about Health Insurance info I found

because some people who read this forum might be in the same situation or not but it is good information. when i lost my job last year i could not afford the over $600 a month cobra payment to continue the insurance and had no clue what i would do. then when i found a job the new employer did not offer insurance. then of course i filed for bankruptcy. i searched and searched for a good plan but i am the boat where because i have some preexisting conditions, i am either denied upfront, or offered a rider for a year or so and the premium amount is still almost $500 for an individual plan. still something i cannot afford.

anyway, in all of my research i found out that in a few years the federal government is moving towards requiring everyone to have health insurance by law. and because so many can't afford it, and because the new reform will brings millions to the health care industry, the govt has created a pre existing high risk pool. you have to have a denial letter or a letter stating they give you a rider etc... and then you sign up for the government health insurance and pay normal fees!... it is awesome and i am breathing easier at night. just go to google and type in pre-existing condition health care and you will be directed to the website.

they call it the pcrp or something like that... and is supposed to offset the millions the health care industry will make. by offering low cost insurance to people who need it when they start requiring them to have it.

Thank you for sharing that. I have good insurance however, I friend of mine just lost her husband. She pays 750 a month, with pre-existing. Her widow's pension is 1350 a month so you can imagine how she's living.

I will be sharing the information with her promptly.............thanks again, sure many others will also appreciate it.
    Filed CH 7 4/15/11
    341 5/23/11
    DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X