341 Over, no mention of Tax refund or exemptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Over, no mention of Tax refund or exemptions

I just had my 341 today and was in and out in under five minutes. I exempted my tax refund and all the money in my bank account through the wildcard exemptions. The trustee didn't mention any of that. He just asked the basic questions, "Is everything true to the best of your knowledge, any errors, etc."

I told him that I filled out my taxes wrong and understated my refund. I sent him copies of the corrections that the IRS made a week before the meeting and he pulled out the sheet in front of me and said, "I see that here. That's fine." He asked two or three more non-related questions from his checklist and told me that I could go.

He didn't say, "Congratulations you get to keep your money" or "have fun with that $200 in your savings account" so should I just assume that it's mine to keep?

My trustee objected to my exemptions after my 341 but before my confirmation hearing. He was being nit picky, and I just changed the exemption it came under. It was still exempt. No mention of "improper" exemptions was made at my 341 either, but it was still something I had to deal with afterward.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X