Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few questions about PACER

Hi everyone,
    I just registered for PACER and just to make sure I understand their policies, I want to pose a few questions. I don't have any credit cards so I had to skip that part of the sign-up process. So, will they just send me the log-in information without any CC information?
    Also, my understanding is they allow you a $10.00 limit to charge up to without paying, at the cost of .08 cents per page. That amounts to 125 pages, which I can't imagine I'll use that many, but if I went over that 10.00 limit, would they just send me a bill in the mail since I don't have a CC that they can charge?

Thanks!!
    Filed Chapter 7, Pro Se: 12/23/2010
    341 Meeting: 01/26/2011
    Discharged: 03/29/2011

I used my debit card when I signed up, and they sent me the log in info right away. If I remember right, if you don't have a card to use, they actually mail you your log in info (takes up to a week, I think). You have up to $10 per quarter before you get charged, and yes, they will send you a bill if you go over that $10 and don't have a cc registered with them. This quarter is almost over, so from Jan-March you could use up to that $10 mark for free
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Sounds good, free2breathe! Thanks for the help!
      I'm sorry but I forgot to mention that I don't have a debit card either, but that's ok, I'll just wait and get my info in about a week.

Comment

Hey sscott - you will receive your password for PACER in the mail. Mine took less than a week.

You are correct - you don't get charged until you hit 125 pages in a quarter, BUT be careful when checking PACER because depending on how you run queries, you could accidentally load up a LOT of pages (other people's docket info, for example) and I have also read that some folks get PACER addiction and check so frequently they rack up big charges!
        Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
        New Job 7-2011

Comment

Originally posted by chicagoannie View Post
          Hey sscott - you will receive your password for PACER in the mail. Mine took less than a week.

You are correct - you don't get charged until you hit 125 pages in a quarter, BUT be careful when checking PACER because depending on how you run queries, you could accidentally load up a LOT of pages (other people's docket info, for example) and I have also read that some folks get PACER addiction and check so frequently they rack up big charges!
          Thanks for the advice, chicagoannie! I'll be sure to be careful when doing my searches. What you said about becoming addicted to PACER, well, I have a feeling that could become me if I'm not careful, lol!
          You say it depends on how you run your queries..could you tell me how I could go about doing my searches without getting other people's docket info? Could you just search for your case number to prevent too many pages?

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by sscott4775 View Post
            Thanks for the advice, chicagoannie! I'll be sure to be careful when doing my searches. What you said about becoming addicted to PACER, well, I have a feeling that could become me if I'm not careful, lol!
            You say it depends on how you run your queries..could you tell me how I could go about doing my searches without getting other people's docket info? Could you just search for your case number to prevent too many pages?

Thanks for the help!
            If you haven't already, read the tips in this link http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...Guide-amp-Tips

Great tips on how to find what you need, and how to see if anything has changed without being charged.
            Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by free2breathe View Post
              If you haven't already, read the tips in this link http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...Guide-amp-Tips

Great tips on how to find what you need, and how to see if anything has changed without being charged.
              Thank you so much for the link! I missed this one, but it explains everything extremely well! I really appreciate it!

Comment

They sent me my login in the mail pretty quick. They bill to your email quarterly. Hasn't cost me anything, yet.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X