• Show
Clear All

Discharged!

Chapter 7 Pro Se
    Filed on 07/21/2011
    341 on 08/19/2011
    Discharged 10/21/2011

No assets, no secured debt.

Also already have a new credit card. The interest rate sucks. But as will any card when trying to rebuild credit. Hope to rebuild with this, get better credit terms and cancel this one.

I think between printer ink/the Nolo book I spent $65.00 to file. And then $20.00 total for both my pre bankruptcy counseling/post bankruptcy money management course online. And then a few quarters for parking meters during filing/my 341.

Actually when filing I only had 1 quarter for the parking meter which bought me 15 minutes. Thats how broke I was. Had to hope for no meter maids the whole time I was in the court clerks office.

So happy I went pro se. But not like I had the money to not go pro se. If you are short on cash, and can do your own taxes then pro se is not too hard of a way to go. It's really not much harder than doing taxes. Also recommend the Nolo book. I would've been lost and it would have took me much much longer to complete the paperwork without it.

For those filing Pro Se. Never forget to check your local on your local bankruptcy court's website for local paperwork you need to include and in what form they would like the creditor matrix.

In closing there are some negative people on this forum. Especially since this wasn't my first time ever filing. And sometimes I think chapter 13er's are spiteful towards chapter 7 er's but that's another conversation. Anyways thank you to all the positive and all those that continue to share helpful information.

Kev, i for one take my hat off to pro-se filers. I'd be in a mental institution by now if I did this myself!!!

MY BEST WISHES and CONGRATS!!!!!!

Comment

Hi Kev: CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You are much to be admired for going at this pro se.... Here you go:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Last edited by AngelinaCat; 10-21-2011, 09:00 PM.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I just wanted to congratulate you. I filed pro se on 7/15 and my 341 on 8/22. I am waiting on my discharge any day now. I congratulate you and pray for your success going forward.

Comment

Congrats Kev! Enjoy your Fresh Start!
          ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
          Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Congrats! Happy new life, what a great feeling!

Comment

WOnderfull!!
              8-25-2011 - Free Consultations. -- 9-03-2011 - Decided to file Pro Se
              9-15-2011 - Filed Chapter 7 Pro Se -- 10-17-2011 - 341 Meeting/No Asset Case
              Discharged 12-21-2011 - Case Closed 12-27-2011 - Another Pro Se'r has done it!!

Comment

Congrats!!!! You're just a few days off of me - these last few days waiting for confirmation are killer!!!

Comment

Congrats!!
                  "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X