Fee Waiver App - What Do They Want?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fee Waiver App - What Do They Want?

I filling out this application for the fee waiver because the shoe fits. I'm unemployed and way below means. All the questions are pretty much a repeat of the means test, sched I,J and also asking about bank accounts and assets in short form. Then there is this question wanting a written answer:

"Tell the court why you are unable to pay the filing fee in installments within 120 days. If you have some additional
    circumstances that cause you to not be able to pay your filing fee in installments, explain them."

I guess I'm wondering what exactly they are looking for because my numbers pretty much tell the story already don't they? I show no income. I have about 6 weeks worth of living money in checking (which is exempt) but also have expenses. Judge should be able to reason I need every penny to pay those expenses until I find a job right? I also have a few hobby items and a musical instrument that add up to about $2500. It's all exempt in my state. Is the judge going to expect I should sell it to pay the fee? If I were to sell those things, seems I might need that money to pay for living expenses as well since $2500 is not a lot of money when you are unemployed. I did see where someone else talked about the "scrutiny" of asking for the fee waiver.

I'm just wondering if I should keep it simple and say. I'm unemployed. Or go a little further and say I'm unemployed and need every penny I have to pay my expenses until I find work. Or should I not say anything?

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X