No announcement yet.

Thinking of not showing up at my 341, advise please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you everyone, who has given me advice on my situation. I am going to my meeting, I am ready (I think). I just need to get this all behind me somehow. I do not know what will happen, but all I can do is be honest and pray for the best. I feel so blessed to have found this site. Without all of you, giving advice and sharing your experiences, I would be so lost and a total wreck. I am still a little of a wreck and the closer my meeting gets to being here, the more sick to my stomach I feel. I do not know when one starts to feel better about the choice to file. I can tell you I am still feeling pretty down in the dumps about it. I tried to fool myself for many months about the reality of my situation. However, it came down to two questions. 1. Do I deserve to file and get help? 2. Do I need to file and get help? My answer to question 1, no I do not think I deserve to file and get help, I put myself here out of my own stupidity. Answer to question 2, yes, I need to file and get help or I am not going to make it and my family is going to continue to suffer.

Comment

What was sold? and for how much? Real Estate? If it was real estate 2 years wouldn't have made a difference, the trustee can go back to 10 if he thinks something is up.

Comment

Biotech- personal property was sold, sale date took place in 2003 and payments were made starting at that time. No, not real estate.

Comment

Correction, sale date was in 2004. Sorry about that.

Comment

Originally posted by jemma View Post
            I do not know when one starts to feel better about the choice to file. I can tell you I am still feeling pretty down in the dumps about it. I tried to fool myself for many months about the reality of my situation.

However, it came down to two questions. 1. Do I deserve to file and get help? 2. Do I need to file and get help? My answer to question 1, no I do not think I deserve to file and get help, I put myself here out of my own stupidity. Answer to question 2, yes, I need to file and get help or I am not going to make it and my family is going to continue to suffer.
            Jemma, Congratulations on working through the process to realize these facts and getting to where you are now. This is a 'business decision' regarding how you are going to handle your household responsibilities from now on. The better you 'internalize' the idea of 'business decision' and get the emotional factor out of it, the better you will feel and do.

As others suggested, go and sit in a few 341 meetings prior to yours, and you will get a better feel for how they go, and how prepared you are.

Good wishes go with you~~~
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X