Bank still reporting on car loan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank still reporting on car loan

Question....my chapter 7 was discharged 11/09, One car loan is still reporting my payments and does NOT say IIB. My question is, I want to turn the car over to the bank, but how would I do that if they don't have it listed as being included in my bankruptcy? Should I call the bank and tell them that it was IIB? It takes too long to dispute it thru the credit bureaus.

Originally posted by redquartz View Post
    Question....my chapter 7 was discharged 11/09, One car loan is still reporting my payments and does NOT say IIB. My question is, I want to turn the car over to the bank, but how would I do that if they don't have it listed as being included in my bankruptcy? Should I call the bank and tell them that it was IIB? It takes too long to dispute it thru the credit bureaus.
    Call the bank and ask to speak to the bankruptcy department. Then ask them where you should go to turn the car in. (Just because they are not reporting to the credit reporting agencies that it is included in BK doesn't mean they don't know it. It just means their reporting isn't accurate, yet)

Once you have that taken care of file a written dispute with the credit reporting agency.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X