Need vehicle repo advice ASAP Pease!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need vehicle repo advice ASAP Pease!!

My vehicle is financed through Santander Consumer Loans and they said if I didn't make a payment today (6/3) they will commence with repossession efforts. I'm at 68 days right now, I thought they couldn't do anything until 90 days. Advice/suggestions??

Thank you.

You thought wrong.

Finance companies do not have a rule of waiting a specific time before repo efforts. Your payment is well past due, and they are within their rights to commence with repossession.

You do not state if you filed for BK or not. If not, the only way to stop them is pay them. If you did, you would be protected under the automatic stay and the finance company would have to file for a relief from stay in order to repo.

I hope that info helps. All the best to you.
    8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
    11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

Thanks NoMore,
      Just spoke with our attorney, we will be filing on Jun 9th. Do you think I'll be okay until then?
      Thanks,
      B

Comment

There is no way anybody can tell. It is a roll of the dice.
        8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
        11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

You'll be fine - just keep the car locked up and watch your six when you're out & about.
          Stopped paying CCs 1/10 | Stopped paying mortgages 2/10 | Interviewed attorneys 3/10-5/10 | Retained attorney 5/14/10 | Delivered paperwork to attorney 6/17/10 | Filed Ch7 7/9/10 | 341 8/16/10 | Objection Deadline 10/15/10 | DISCHARGED 10/20/10

Comment

Originally posted by AlmostAmos View Post
            You'll be fine - just keep the car locked up and watch your six when you're out & about.
            Ditto

They came to the house while the wife was at work with the car. Told the guy we had retained an atty and filed but had no case number, which was the truth. Took name of lawyer and went on his way. After quick call to atty, she told us to put it in the garage until we had a case number. It was all good a couple days later.
            Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

Question about keeping vehicle in chapter 13

How does it work about keeping the vehicle when in chapter 13? We are 3 years into our loan and have 3 more to go. Is the attorney able to lower the interest rate or how does it work?

Thanks so much for your information and help!

Dee

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X