Yet Another NFCU Repo question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet Another NFCU Repo question

I am currently in a sticky situation with NFCU. First off, I fully understand the meaning of a cross collateralization clause...what I am looking for is practical advice and or sharing of any experience & knowledge with NFCU. (I've read almost every post with NFCU contained in it!)

I am currently in default with NFCU on:
    • CC - 50K
    • Overdraft - 10K
    • Signature Loan (unsecured) - 15K

All of these are individual, in my name only. I have no money in my NFCU bank accounts. All of these are about 40 days passed due.

The problem is that my girlfriend, who is also a member of NFCU, has an auto loan that I co-signed for her a few years ago (when my credit was stellar). She's probably a little bit more than 1/2 way through her 5 year loan on the far....maybe 8-10K left on the note...and her payments are always on time. & not delinquent at all. NFCU is starting to throw around the cross-collateralization issue, threatening to repo the car.

The car is probably worth a little more than what is owed on the note...but not much. While I understand NFCU is within their rights to repo the car....it doesn't seem to make sense to do so....repo a car that has current payments, incur the cost of repo and resale...pay off that note, and be left with a few K (if they are lucky) to put toward my massive debt to them.

Do we think that this is just scare tactics, or am I in jeapordy of her car being re-poed soon? It was suggested in another thread to refi the car...but I dont think they would provide a lien release.

I'm about a month from being able to file BK7. I'm hoping at that time...when I list them as a creditor, my responsibility as co-signor will end and she continues to pay the note as agreed, and she is safe with her car.

Comments greatly appreciated.

Are you on the title of the car? If yes, then she's got a problem.
    If you're merely a co-signor (guarantor) for the note then I think not.
    Given my limited knowledge, lack of legal training, for entertainment purposes only, YMMV, (enough disclaimers yet?) :-)
    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X