Judgement on closed Corp naming shareholder who was discharged in BK Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Judgement on closed Corp naming shareholder who was discharged in BK Help

Husband and I filed personal chapter 7 bk last year, the BK was discharged 12/2010.

Long story short, we had a business it was the business debts that were personally garanteed that forced us into bk..We did not file bk on the corp..we closed it down a full year before filing..It was a small business with no assets the few assets we had were liquidated so we could pay our employees final wages and we took care of some tax issues. The one lawsuit names my husband and the corp. Was told even if a creditor wanted to go after the now defunct business we were personally discharged of the debt because we named them personally..

The week we were filing, I think in July we were served with a lawsuit from the creditor..Never heard another word..today we got a notice in the mail that a judgement had been issued on March 9, 2011 with a fact finding sheet.

I checked online with the Clerk of courts on 10/29/2010 volunary dismissal was entered then on 2/24 a motion for default was entered..

So how do I respond to this or what do I do? Should I just send the requesting attorney a copy of the discharge ignoring what was requested, ignore the notice all together (It was mailed to our OLD address home we haven't lived in for over a year and forwarded to our current address)

I'm confused on judgements..I've heard they are discharged and I don't have to do anything and I've heard I have to petition the court to have the judgements vacated

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X