top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start process over with Business BK - long thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start process over with Business BK - long thread!

Hello all.. I am back

We filed personal chapter 7 in october and were discharged in jan 2011. Around September of 2010, we closed our business. Pretty much did not have any assets that were worth anything.. we had some receiveables and we used that money to pay for moving out, accountant, bookeeping.. stuff to help us close the doors per se. We did not think at the time we would file business bk.. we figured it would just dissolve.

However, we recently discovered that filing BK would be in our best interest to protect my husbands contractor license. So we filed very quickly..

Now, I am freaking out a bit as today we had our 341. They want two years of documentation for everything.. profit and loss, general ledger, bank statements, etc. the reason I am freaking out is our bookeeper was a flake and I know our books were messed up.

Another, is we got rid of alot of our stuff (furnature, office equipment, etc) as we did not think we needed it any longer.. plus, I got rid of alot of our documentation. When we discharged in Jan I wanted everything gone..

Now I totally regret filing business bk.. I am afraid I opened a BIG can of worms that I am not prepared for..

Any advice?

Thanks,

Jen

Originally posted by jenbow View Post
    Now, I am freaking out a bit as today we had our 341. They want two years of documentation for everything.. profit and loss, general ledger, bank statements, etc. the reason I am freaking out is our bookeeper was a flake and I know our books were messed up.
    Advice? Start reconstruction of your business documents. It won't be easy and will require a lot of time, however most of it can be done.

You can get copies of most everything from the banks, from your suppliers, etc. Get documentation and start cleaning up the mess.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X