Primerica?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primerica?

Has anyone heard of Primerica and can you tell me if this is legit?

I had an appt yesterday evening with a lady who, over the phone, asked if I was interested in another opportunity to make money from my home. I of course said yes. She came over last night and presented her information. I have to admit, I got pretty excited about it.

I was hoping some of you more knowledgeable people could point me in the right direction with this. I would have to get licensed and that cost $199, however I could get $100 of that back if I set up 3 appointments with couples that she and I could speak with. It cost $70 to take a state board test and that 70 comes out of the remaining $99.

Thanks for any advice.

the company is legit, but you're going to have to hustle to make any money! the work ethic needed to be successful is similiar to selling life insurance to people.
    The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Alright thank you. I just wanted to make sure that I wasnt going to be part of a pyramid or some kind of scam. Thanks again.

Comment

They are a Life insurance Co....~but if you had a meeting with someone, you probably already knew that....LOL
        We had a term policy with them for 20 years, very reputable company~ I would think it would be easy to sell for them~ they are very popular, and seem to have good ratings~ consumer reports always puts them at the top~
        We have let ours expire because the premiums went up significantly, but we knew that up front that it would after the 20 years expiration period~ but all in all, if I ever had questions, they were great to help and very prompt at letting me in on changing info about the company ~ They used to be Massachucetts Indemnity Life ....very good rated company~!!!
        CAB

Comment

google.com

quick answer: depends

search for millions of answers from folks.

r
          Filed: 05/04/06 (los angeles)
          341: 06/05/06
          Discharged: 8/29/06
          Closed: 9/08/06

Comment

A supervisor where I work had a car Insurance policy through them. This was about 14 years ago. One night he was racing hoem because of a daughter/bf issue and took out a fire hyfdrant. Had a terrible time with them.

I went to their meeting 20+ years ago when they were still AL Williams. Like razor says, depends. The truth is, it's Pyramid, a legit one, but you have to be a hustler and go getter, most folks don't last, not for me.
            "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

Originally posted by robivi3 View Post
              A supervisor where I work had a car Insurance policy through them. This was about 14 years ago. One night he was racing hoem because of a daughter/bf issue and took out a fire hyfdrant. Had a terrible time with them.

I went to their meeting 20+ years ago when they were still AL Williams. Like razor says, depends. The truth is, it's Pyramid, a legit one, but you have to be a hustler and go getter, most folks don't last, not for me.
              wow~ REALLY robivi...~ sorry I didn't know it was a pyramid thingy......hmmmmm interesting~
              yes, in any insurance biz you have to be on the up and up, go get 'em personality........or you don't survive very long...it's about that almighty dollar thing~

Comment

Yeah, but it is a legit, old company. I would try it out, but basically they are selling you a Policy.
                "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

Originally posted by CAB_44 View Post
                  They are a Life insurance Co....~but if you had a meeting with someone, you probably already knew that....LOL
                  CAB
                  Primerica...also provides Financial Services too, but you're probably only familiar with thier insurance division. They're similiar to AFLAC....most everyone knows AFLAC for insurance, but little do they know, AFLAC does more than offer supplemental insurance.Furthermore, selling life insurance is a hustle, and any insurance rep or sales person will attest to this. A new insurance sales person would be better off, starting in selling property and casualty insurance.
                  Last edited by HRx; 10-31-2006, 05:24 AM.
                  The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

I average $6,100 per month in Primerica.

I've been working for Primerica for 2 1/2 years. I still haven't found the "scam" here..

Comment

Originally posted by KramerProAxer View Post
                      I average $6,100 per month in Primerica.

I've been working for Primerica for 2 1/2 years. I still haven't found the "scam" here..
                      go on......

Comment

Originally posted by HRx View Post
                        go on......
                        Well, I don't know what else you'd have me say.

I've busted my butt for 2 1/2 years to earn what I earn.

There is nothing easy about earning a living in Primerica, or construction, or cooking, or carpentry, or whatever. But it IS possible.

I will say this: Lazy and procrastinating people won't succeed in Primerica. They CAN, however, earn extra money in Primerica. The real Primerica success stories come from the people who will stop at NOTHING to become financially free, EXACTLY like the people who become finanially free in ANY career.

Comment

Originally posted by robivi3 View Post
                          That's very true. It is a pyramid. Kinda like Amway.

We have a friend who got in to supplement his regular income as a teacher. He works the Investments side. He tried to recruit us to come in under him for extra money. We looked it up on the Net and realized what it was.

It's legit, but as others have said, you will have to hustle to make significant money. Not only getting people to invest, but recruiting new people in under you so you get a cut of their take. The more people you bring in under you, and the more people they bring in under them, the higher up the ladder you go.
                          Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                          Discharged - 12/2006
                          Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
                          Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Originally posted by KramerProAxer View Post
                            Well, I don't know what else you'd have me say.

I've busted my butt for 2 1/2 years to earn what I earn.

There is nothing easy about earning a living in Primerica, or construction, or cooking, or carpentry, or whatever. But it IS possible.

I will say this: Lazy and procrastinating people won't succeed in Primerica. They CAN, however, earn extra money in Primerica. The real Primerica success stories come from the people who will stop at NOTHING to become financially free, EXACTLY like the people who become finanially free in ANY career.
                            lol like i originally stated...it's a hustle!

Comment

Originally posted by HRx View Post
                              lol like i originally stated...it's a hustle!
                              Ok..

Well, prior to Primerica, I rented a house and drove a crappy 1989 truck. Now I own my own house on 4 acres, I own two cars, one van, and a ski boat. I still have the same old crappy truck and I put a plow on it for winter.

I hate getting hustled..

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X