Work at Home website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work at Home website

Someone on here had sent me a link for a forum that discussed legitimate work at home opportunites (mostly call center stuff), but I lost my bookmarks.

Does anyone know of one? (Searching isn't helping me find it so far.)
    *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

This is the story from ABC news. It contains some links to companies and there are several more articles concerning this topic on the ABC New website.

I don't believe that Working Solutions was mentioned in that article, but it is another company that is legit.

Good luck,

Granny
    I used to have a life, now I have grandkids.

Comment

I know www.alpineaccess.com is legit (it's in my state.)

I feel like it's the only way to do a second job--even if it's not that much money, I get to write off part of my home expenses for my office and reduce my tax burden.
      *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

Wow, that alpine access job looks impressive. I used to work as a CSR in a call center years ago. One of the things that I did not like about it was that I was constantly getting colds, using the headset of the person who's shift just ended, being in a room with a lot of people makes colds spread fast too. $9 an hour is low pay, but with the convenience of working at home it would definitely be worth considering for part time work. I bookmarked that site.
        Filed C7: 04/25/2007
        341: 05/21/2007
        Last Day for Objections: 07/20/2007
        Discharged: 07/23/07 Closed: 07/26/07

Comment

I stumbled onto a WAHM info website. They have message boards there and there's one devoted to Alpine Access. I've been reading up on other people's experiences.

http://www.wahm.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=97&PN=2

Evidently, you have to call into a Call Center. If you don't live where a Call Center phone number would be a local call, you're gonna need to have Unlimited Long Distance.

That's one thing I've found you need to be prepared for. There was also a post about the type of headset to get. So that may be another thing to be prepared for.

AND, one person spoke about doing a 4 hour long, on the phone training session. So it seems there's some research to do and some things to be prepared for.
          Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
          Discharged - 12/2006
          Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
          Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Working-at-home as a CC collector too !?

Comment

From what I've read so far, the jobs sound like Customer Service center type positions. Most of the positions are taking orders, answering customer questions. Some of the jobs are providing technical assistance to customers.

In the case of Alpine Access, I didn't read of any of the jobs being collections oriented. All the calls are inbound to the AA agents. AA agents don't place outbound calls as I understand it.
              Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
              Discharged - 12/2006
              Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Originally posted by SinkingFast View Post
                From what I've read so far, the jobs sound like Customer Service center type positions. Most of the positions are taking orders, answering customer questions. Some of the jobs are providing technical assistance to customers.

In the case of Alpine Access, I didn't read of any of the jobs being collections oriented. All the calls are inbound to the AA agents. AA agents don't place outbound calls as I understand it.
                I worked there, and it was awesome. I LOVED the convienence of it all! They outsource customer service calls mainly for financial institutions. I took calls for GE Lowes cards. They also do Gap and Wal-mart. They also do 1-800 flowers customer service. They have alot of seasonal type stuff as well. Thy do a background check so Im not sure how they view BK's. My credit was good back then.
                They require your computer have certain specs, you have to purchase a headset and have a corded phone not cordless. They are also very strict with a no background noise policy, so you can't work and watch your kids at the same time. I think training was $8/hr and $9/hr after training. I would have kept working there but had some personal issues that made it too difficult.

I would highly reccomend it if you don't mind the low pay. The job is easy & laid back.

Comment

Originally posted by Mynameis View Post
                  I worked there, and it was awesome. I LOVED the convienence of it all! They outsource customer service calls mainly for financial institutions. I took calls for GE Lowes cards. They also do Gap and Wal-mart. They also do 1-800 flowers customer service. They have alot of seasonal type stuff as well. Thy do a background check so Im not sure how they view BK's. My credit was good back then.
                  They require your computer have certain specs, you have to purchase a headset and have a corded phone not cordless. They are also very strict with a no background noise policy, so you can't work and watch your kids at the same time. I think training was $8/hr and $9/hr after training. I would have kept working there but had some personal issues that made it too difficult.

I would highly reccomend it if you don't mind the low pay. The job is easy & laid back.
                  Do they limit your hours? Can you set your own shifts?

Comment

Originally posted by FilingOnMyOwn View Post
                    Go to there website for more info. http://www.alpineaccess.com

Comment

Originally posted by FilingOnMyOwn View Post
                      From what I read at the WAHM.com site, you list your availability and Alpine schedules you based on that.

I read a post where someone wanted to do this full time, as a dependable source of income. Folks who work for Alpine said that's not a realistic expectation. Many of the companies that use Alpine do so on a seasonal basis.

You may get tons of work for 2 weeks to a month right around Valentine's Day, Easter, and Mother's Day. Then again in the fall during the Holidays. The rest of the year may be spotty depending on promotions that various client companies are running. Or you may get lucky and get an assignment with a Client company that has work available all year round.
                      Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                      Discharged - 12/2006
                      Closed - 04/2007

Comment

Hehe

Originally posted by BKOnce View Post
                        Working-at-home as a CC collector too !?
                        It would be kind of amusing if you worked collections and your call log directed you to phone YOURSELF to collect on a CC bill.
                        11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
                        12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
                        3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

Originally posted by DeadManCrawling View Post
                          It would be kind of amusing if you worked collections and your call log directed you to phone YOURSELF to collect on a CC bill.
                          That would be why now that my husband works for a credit card company we will never have that card. He occasionally has to program the dialer that the collections department uses. I'm glad he'll never have to load a list on the dialer with our phone number in it.
                          Filed: 10/26/2006
                          Discharged: 03/05/2007
                          Closed: 5/19/2008 - Asset case due to balance transfer and income tax refund

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X