Lake Helen Florida Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Helen Florida Photos

Some of these little towns around the Nation now have "Historic Districts". I suppose that this makes them eligible for Federal and State aid to revamp the central, older areas. In many cases I have seen it as money well spent and some of the surrounding spots have come back to life. I prefer city life most of the time, country some of the time but quiet, tiny town life none of the time. Still, the towns are pretty so I spent a morning walking through this one.

I do not profess to be some great photographer, it is a hobby. Typically, I find mistakes in most of my photos and have to weed them out and like most of us I forget to hold the camera straight when I get excited.

That being said just enjoy a walk through a pretty country spot off the beaten path in Central Florida.

I did some "artsy", steeples, aperture, sunlight stuff but that's for when i sort through it. The photo count on this trip was 932 (Canon software in the camera itself is excellent) so I am just going through and picking afew.

Main Street fom the Town Hall and Community Center

The Baptist Church on the main street

The Congregational Church and it's Parrish House

Abandoned Church? Across from lovely Lake Helen

Even an abandoned building may have some pretty thorns in the grass

A very typical home along the long main street, notice those unusual attic windows!

"You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Thanks so much for the pics, they are beautiful!!!
    Entered debt settlement in 2006
    Filed bankrupcy in 2008
    Stuck with $2,343 payment in 2009

Comment

Beautiful photos - it is like taking a nice vacation, right here on BKForum.
      Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
      Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Thank you. Like I said my youngest, oldest and i have been a "find a reason to love Florida campaign for several years (other than water which is an obvious one). My kids had taken on the local habit (South Florida) of downing their birthplace so i wanted them to know that they had a place to love also, like me with Tennessee. that's when my youngest and i picked up the photo bug here.
        "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

nice pictures.. Thanks for sharing... I'd give anything to live in a town like that
          Filed on 7-17-09
          waiting for 341
          341 meeting 8-21-09
          discharged/ case closed 12/23/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X