Anyone doing the ecig thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone doing the ecig thing?

I've been a long time smoker, knew I should quit but I LOVE to smoke, so I resigned myself to this addiction. Last week I stumbled across the 'e-cigarette' thing on the internet and man....I was a hard core smoker, 38 years, and now have not had a 'real' cig going on 5 days with NO desire to start back up! I love it, no smoke, no tar, no cancer, but still have that great nicotine hit [ yeah still addicted to that but hey it's the same as caffeine in the health nasties]
    So all you smokers out there that want a safer alternitive, check out the e-cigarette forum.com and learn about it, not what the FDA and the tobacco lobbyist say!

Yup. Been using it for a little over a month and managed to put the butts down after 22 years. No looking back!
    12/05/08 - filed pro se
    01/27/09 - case dismissed and closed - 02/24/09 - case reopened and dismissal vacated
    04/01/09 - new 341 scheduled
    6/02/09 - DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Well congratulations! I quit after about 25 years of smoking about 6 years ago. Wow! I can hardly believe it! My lungs are clear, and my energy is way higher. You are doing the right thing. Keep going. I quit using a combination of things. Patches, nicotine inhalor. It was not cheap, but the end result is (maybe) less medical costs later on. I have not seen the e-cig, but anything that helps anyone to actually quit is okay with me.

Comment

I quit on May 1st using the gum. I still chew about 12 pieces a day and my jaws are killing me. Seriously, I'm taking a few Advil every day because they hurt so bad. I can't quit the gum completely because I need that nicotine hit. I know without a doubt that if I give up the gum, I'll go back to smoking in no time flat.

I have read about the e-cigs, but didn't know anyone who has tried them. Thanks for posting about your experience. I may have to go check them out again.

Comment

You really should try the e-cigs. I couldn't do the gum because of TMJ and the patches made me break out. Since we're all budget minded here, the costs of the e-cig aren't so bad. If you go on that forum you'll get really good information and advice and can get a start up kit and other supplies needed for a month for $50.
          12/05/08 - filed pro se
          01/27/09 - case dismissed and closed - 02/24/09 - case reopened and dismissal vacated
          6/02/09 - DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Have any one tried out cigarette rolling machine (sell on eBay) yet? They all say you can roll your own cigs ....using cheap paper & chopped tobbaco leaf that you could bought at local/distant tobacco farm? Does that smoking method lead to bigger health problem down the road too?

..and no, I don't smoke, just curious only. Btw, don't count on that e-cig venue... once many people start using/knowing it, its prices will go up along with nicotine supply/refills... or at least Uncle Sam will begin jump in to tax it for profits!!?? Who knows what?? ..

Comment

My point was to get off of tobacco altogether for not just the cost, but the health problems that go with it. The FDA has e-cigs in their radar and are working on banning them. If that day comes or they find a way to regulate and tax the hell out of it - it will have already done it's job with me and I won't need either real cigs or e-cigs anymore
              12/05/08 - filed pro se
              6/02/09 - DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

joye 510 they work been off ciggs for 3 weeks

Comment

35 days for me! I've got the 510 as well.
                  12/05/08 - filed pro se
                  6/02/09 - DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X