!!!New bank/credit card scam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

!!!New bank/credit card scam?

Wells fargo, I transfer $ automatically on the first from checking to saving, in order to get free checking. (Then I manually transfer it all right back to checking after I see thaat the auto transfer has ocurred). That has ALWAYS happened on the first, any day of the week. Today, on the first, after I saw the auto transfer had been done, again, I then sent the money back to checking. UH OH- now I see the auto transfer is PENDING, scheduled for August 2, BUT the manual transfer I typed in recorded TODAY. This must be a new way to screw the customer, yet again-recording CHARGES to an account on any day, but holding off on deposits until business hours? Anyone else? It simply never ends.

Probably just because it is Sunday. All of my transactions always stay pending on the screen on weekends too, but everything actually processes normally and on time as one would expect when it is just interbank transfers. Different bank, by the way. I think the IT guys take days off or something. The nerve!

Comment

Nope it's always happened any day of the week.

I even went back in the date history to be certain, since I was shocked. It never ends~

Comment

Look at it again, then. I bet it shows pending out of one account and already IN the other account. That is how mine works, anyway. I never had a problem with it. I don't imagine you will either. It's just a glitch with online banking.

Comment

Nope it shows OUT of one,

PENDING into the other. BUT the transfer I made OUT today is stamped DONE at 10:11 AM today. I'll see tomorrow if they overdraft fee me. I've been hearing about new bank and credit card retaliatory fees that have something to do with 'normal transaction hours', but I wasn't paying attention. Anyway, I'm still looking for some way to be able to py bills without having a checking account, or sending in money orders, if there's aany info out there????

Comment

Originally posted by DaddyDavid View Post
            PENDING into the other. BUT the transfer I made OUT today is stamped DONE at 10:11 AM today. I'll see tomorrow if they overdraft fee me. I've been hearing about new bank and credit card retaliatory fees that have something to do with 'normal transaction hours', but I wasn't paying attention. Anyway, I'm still looking for some way to be able to py bills without having a checking account, or sending in money orders, if there's aany info out there????
            There's lots of information on this forum about non-bank banking. Just read on through. Wal-Mart money card is one way. Money orders is another.

Comment

I notice this same thing all of the time. When I deposit checks into my account (even checks from that bank) into my account, the bank will place a hold on the funds for up to five days. If I use my debit card, they will pay the charge and then take an "uncollected funds" fee from my account. It isn't much (for now), anywhere from $0.10 to $0.30. BUT when I use my debit card or write a check the money comes out of my account the second it is presented. I have complained but they don't care. So now I cash every check I get and only deposit cash into my account. Most of the tellers understand, but there is one who always gives me a hard time. It ticks me off that somebody is making money off of my money for the five days between when I deposit and when I actually get credited. I know it isn't much but multiply that times the millions of accounts that the bank has and it can become quite substantial.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X