Comcast Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comcast Sucks

I'm getting rid of cable and I actually have to pay $10 because someone has to come out to cap the cable line.

I don't want their product anymore and I have to pay--Ridiculous.

The worst part is I have to keep their internet because they're the only option other than slow satellite.

Alot of work to save $10 but I complained to them for the 5th time and they waved it....

Comment

Just try to get Dish to come and and fix a problem, $15 bucks.
      Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
        I'm getting rid of cable and I actually have to pay $10 because someone has to come out to cap the cable line.

I don't want their product anymore and I have to pay--Ridiculous.

The worst part is I have to keep their internet because they're the only option other than slow satellite.
        You don't HAVE to have internet. There's always dsl..
        Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

I have Comcast and I am ditching them in September. It seems every 6 months they increase the price of their service. I went from 100 to 145 dollars in the last 6 months. I have not added anything, but somehow they seem to keep raising the amount I have to pay.
          Chapter 7 filed on 4/23/2010
          341 meeting on 5/28/2010
          Discharged on 8/19/2010

Comment

Not an option for some of us. I have to have it for school. DSL will not cut it around here. my mom talked my dad into making the change to save 50 bucks. A week into it she was complaining because the dsl speed was half what it was advertised to be. The guy who came out said the lines in our town are old and will not handle the higher speed. I made a call for my dad to see if insight(now comcast) would switch us back and what it would cost. The guy said I am sorry here your leaving( WE HAD LEFT) already. He said if you do not go switch I can give you a 100 credit off you next months bill. Come to find out they had never shut us off. mom set the date for the 1st of the following month when a new bill would become due. SO it was still on and took 5 minutes to switch back and I got us 100 bucks for nothing.
            Originally posted by nc73 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by nc73 View Post
              Not where I live. I did buy a modem the other day so I won't be paying comcast $5 a month for a modem.

No more TV for me

Comment

I really hate Comcast as well. I just don't get it. I have the basic phone/cabe/internet and it just seems to go up every month. $150/month is way too much for just basic service.

Comment

I pay 145 for just cable and internet. I do not have a home phone. I have a basic cable package with Comcast. The internet is just the basic high speed internet. I was looking at my bill last month and the amount in taxes I am being charged is crazy. I do not understand how they can add taxes on things that do not even exist.
                  Chapter 7 filed on 4/23/2010
                  341 meeting on 5/28/2010
                  Discharged on 8/19/2010

Comment

Originally posted by BKorbust View Post
                    I really hate Comcast as well. I just don't get it. I have the basic phone/cabe/internet and it just seems to go up every month. $150/month is way too much for just basic service.
                    Take a look at OOMA. Pay $200 bucks and the phone is free for the rest of our life. I've had ooma for 11 months and I'm very happy with it.

Comment

I recall when Cable first came out. People bought cable service to NOT have commercials, as that is how it was. The money paid offset what they didn't earn from commercials. Now, even with the high cable bills you get 40 minutes show/ 20 minutes commercials average. The comical part is we still pay for this. It is amazing how once we get used to paying for a service that used to be free...we can't live without it.

Anyhow, just a rant basically. I have cable too.

Is my age showing now? Lol!
                      8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
                      11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

true very true, I remember when dvds first came out 15 to 20 bucks got you a high def(hi def back then) video with a movie, no previews, no info JUST A MOVIE. Since they have got more time on movies you have 20 minutes of previews, plus you have to what them.
                        Originally posted by NoMoreCards View Post
                        I recall when Cable first came out. People bought cable service to NOT have commercials, as that is how it was. The money paid offset what they didn't earn from commercials. Now, even with the high cable bills you get 40 minutes show/ 20 minutes commercials average. The comical part is we still pay for this. It is amazing how once we get used to paying for a service that used to be free...we can't live without it.

Anyhow, just a rant basically. I have cable too.

Is my age showing now? Lol!

Comment

I have Comcast too (unfortunately) and am more and more disappointed with them. Rate keeps going up, service and internet speed keeps going down. I've complained a lot and they have reduced the bill for 6 month periods and then, - BOOM - it reverts back to a very high one. Taxes on Internet providers like Comcast and mobile phones services are very high - ridiculously high, imo.

Comment

i use to have comcast, thank goodness at&t u-verse came out. I love them and i have no problem with them so far, way cheaper then comcast

Comment

I'll show my age...lol.... I remember the debut of MTV. They played maybe 2 videos over and over again. HBO was offered with a tv set top box with a switch to go from cable to HBO. Weekdays HBO started at 6 pm and went off the air about 10pm or midnight. On weekends it started at 3pm and stayed on to 2am. It's true, a lot of cable networks had no commercials
                              In defense of cable companies, so called cable networks jack up their prices to cable companies who have no choice but to raise your monthly bill.
                              I switched to satellite in 1996 and paid $500.00 for a receiver and dish. At that time they had it all over cable. Through the years satellite providers (one in particular) has lost any sense of customer service. You have to be very alert to their contracts which are most of the time "oral" and legal. They trap you into 2 year contracts with insane early termination fees. There is no such thing as customer loyality... they stick you whether you've been with them 13 days or 13 years. At least Comcast doesn't have contracts for some services. Bright House is even offering to help pay early termination fees from satellite. When I sold my house in a short sale, I moved into an apt building that doesn't allow satellite dishes (as with some condo communities). I explained this to the satellite company that said it was NOT a reason to terminate my service early and would not waive the early termination fee. I had to add them to my bankruptcy.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X