Downsized - Reality Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downsized - Reality Show

Has anyone watched this show? What are your opinions? This guy used to pull in $1.5 million a year and now he's flat broke.
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

I watched it. One of the episodes they had to tell they young daughter she had to quit cheerleading b/c it was $150 a month but the mom admits to spending $150 or more a month on Starbucks. It made me mad so I stopped watching it.

And not to mention she drives a Mercedes and wears a huge wedding ring.
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Yea, she claims that the Mercedes is from her parents. Her parents seem to be living comfortably. I wonder about the children's other parents. I know that the husband's daughter gets help from her mother, but I don't know about the wife's kids. Their father doesn't seem to be involved.
      Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
        Yea, she claims that the Mercedes is from her parents. Her parents seem to be living comfortably. I wonder about the children's other parents. I know that the husband's daughter gets help from her mother, but I don't know about the wife's kids. Their father doesn't seem to be involved.
        And they filed BK in the past. I wonder if they have or will receive money from the show.
        "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

That's exactly why I mentioned the show - they filed BK and this financial adviser was telling them that they need to tighten up because they can't file again. I read that they received a "menial" fee, which they used to repay their kids. Imagine that. . .borrowing money from little kids. Yikes!

Comment

I watched it.. once - and that was enough for me. It was the episode where they met with the fin. advisor - crying over giving up Starbucks $5 a day per cup coffee...

That was enough for me. If you can spend $150 a month on 1 cup of java a day - yet are $100 short in paying your rent to the point that your child sells their stuff to pay the bill.... someone needs a smack upside the head and a good dose of reality.

Comment

Someone needs to tell her that you can make coffee at home.
              Attorney Retained/Paid: 1-4-10
              Online CCC-Completed & Cert Received: 1-8-10
              Filed Chapter 7 1-18-10.
              341 3-10-10 ~~~ Last Day to Object: 5-10-10

Comment

Well, she tried but it didn't "taste the same." So the husband went out and bought her a cup with a straw and all the ingredients to make her own. Then she was happy with the way it tasted.

Comment

I do feel for these people though. I believe it is a lot harder to come down after being so high up rather than being low to begin with. I do have sympathy for them, I am sure they are having a very hard time of it.
                  Attorney Retained/Paid: 1-4-10
                  Online CCC-Completed & Cert Received: 1-8-10
                  Filed Chapter 7 1-18-10.
                  341 3-10-10 ~~~ Last Day to Object: 5-10-10

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post
                    I watched it. One of the episodes they had to tell they young daughter she had to quit cheerleading b/c it was $150 a month but the mom admits to spending $150 or more a month on Starbucks. It made me mad so I stopped watching it.

And not to mention she drives a Mercedes and wears a huge wedding ring.
                    Just because its a mercedes doesnt mean its worth a lot or nice. Its an older car, it said it was only worth $1,500 according the finc. advisor.

I watch the show, It seems as though the wife has a hard time with having to adjust to leaving a different lifestyle. Spending that much money on Starbucks and saying it helps with her MS seems crazy to me. You cant just make it at home.

Comment

Originally posted by StEt0417 View Post
                      Just because its a mercedes doesnt mean its worth a lot or nice. Its an older car, it said it was only worth $1,500 according the finc. advisor.

I watch the show, It seems as though the wife has a hard time with having to adjust to leaving a different lifestyle. Spending that much money on Starbucks and saying it helps with her MS seems crazy to me. You cant just make it at home.
                      I must have missed the part about it being worth $1500. I didn't look like a beater to me. The husband has a nice new van. I'm sure they could have gotten cheaper cars or got rid of some of her jewerly if they are really that bad that her daughter couldn't even buy a prom ticket.

To me it's just sad that they let their kids go with out but use the excuse that they are teaching them life lessons. What lesson was learned? This couple has obviously not learned a thing from their first BK.

Comment

Well except apprentice I stay far away from reality shows, as i firmly believe they are not a positive influence. what this particular show is all about?
                        URL Removed by Admin

Comment

Goody, the posts tell you what it's about. A family that used to be rich but now is supposedly poor and how they adjust.

Comment

This thread makes me very happy that I don't have cable TV anymore which saves me about $70 a month!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
                              This thread makes me very happy that I don't have cable TV anymore which saves me about $70 a month!!!
                              Funny, that family cut their cable to save money. LOL!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X