Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010 Tax Return Question

Sorry posted on the wrong forum!

My husband and I filed on Oct 28th, Had our 341 Meeting on Dec 22 and joined the 60 day club. Our trustee abandon all assets including our 2010 tax refund. I probably already know the answer to this question, but was wondering when it would be safe to file our taxes? The OUST did request additional information on Dec 7 (before our 341 meeting) which we provided promptly within 2 days. At our 341 meeting the Trustee didn't ask any additional questions, so our lawyer didn't think we had anything to worry about. (We have yet to hear anything from them about the information we sent). I know we need to wait until the actual discharge but should we also wait until it is closed?
    Last edited by boston5; 01-15-2011, 06:56 AM.

Don't wait. File when you can.
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

If the trustee abandoned your tax refund, then it is fine to file. Make sure that the tax refund has been formally abandoned though, and that you have a report of no distribution before you file.
      You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X