Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving forward and progress

Proof that life does go on....

So my husband and I are working on cleaning up our credit , getting ready to move out of state letting our house go and finding an apartment to live in.

Our credit scores to me are decent, Fico equifax around 646, Transunion Fico is less 585 husband, 614 me, but appear to be moving up. I have cleaned up the credit reports this last month since discharge, have applied for credit and received Orchard MC for me $500husband $300. Cap 1 me $1000, husbands is on its way so we will see what that will be when it shows up.

We are in the midst of planning for an ocean move, with our cars and a container, which we did when we moved here, so it is easier this time. Everything is set and ready to go for the end of April.

Our daughter will graduate college, our son gave notice at work and we are all ready to move on.

Yesterday my husband worked on the phone with a leasing agent at the apartment we wanted . I figured it was really going to be an issue with the bankruptcy, but they worked with it and said we may have to do a higher deposit, as we expected, and that was not a big deal. Today the lady calls back, says she does not know why we were concerned, our application came back from the credit company they use as high acceptable. Wow!

Can I just say that I am beginning to believe that this has all seemed to go far easier than expected, as if it was all meant to be. The months of unimaginable stress, cruel phone calls, nightmares of what ifs, and now it feels like we may be getting our life back and may be on track for a wonderful new beginning. I am so thankful, and hopeful.

We are down to a just few weeks left in our home, then we pack. My husband, I, and ourfamily will be on a plane out of here.

We only have one thing left and that is the foreclosure on our home, which will be what it will be. It was discharged in the bankruptcy, so while I may be concerned while waiting for it to be gone I am not going to be a worry wart over it. It will be what it will be, and the ban k can deal with it after we are gone.
    Hired Attorney 8/28/10 Filed Chapter 7 11/08/10 341 12/14/2010 Report of NO DISTRIBUTION 12/15/2010 Waiting for February 14 2011, date objections due.
    DISCHARGED and CLOSED 2/15/2011

Wow, you are really on top of things so quick after your discharge! Happy to hear you got your apartment and are ready to start your new life. We just discharged this month, guess I better get going on checking our FICO scores too as we are letting our house foreclose also and will have to find a place to rent as well. Hope all continues to go smoothly for you and your family, many blessings for your bright future!
    Filed BK Chapter 7 - 11/12/10 341 Meeting - 01/07/11
    Notice of no distribution - 01/12/11
    DISCHARGED - 03/09/2011

Comment

Thats really great! All your struggle finally came to fruition and how? every thing seem to have fall in place and that too so perfectly! god bless you and wish your family a very bright future.
      URL Removed by Admin

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Very inspiring for those of us just starting the process! Best of luck on your new beginning!

Comment

Thanks everyone, it does feel positive, especially after feeling like everything was going to *ell for so long. I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed that we will continue to just keep right on moving forward without to many hiccups along the way.
          Hired Attorney 8/28/10 Filed Chapter 7 11/08/10 341 12/14/2010 Report of NO DISTRIBUTION 12/15/2010 Waiting for February 14 2011, date objections due.

Comment

I know a few people who would sacrifice a body part to be able to live in Hawaii. I honeymooned there in 1979, and from what I gathered, it was pretty expensive to live there. That was 32 years ago...
            Everything that happens in life can only be what is meant to be - even not believing it! Best of luck to you - hope you don't find the lower 48 too much of a disappointment.

Comment

Yep, we were one of those people nine years ago. We have sacrificed everything we had, and then some, to try to make our dream come true, but due to the economy crashing, and the fact our tourist based business died almost overnight, we have lost this game big time, and what was once a dream come true, turned into a nightmare.

We are ready to move on, my sister is in Washington, and if we don't find what we want anywhere around where she is, we will move until we do. We are from Alaska originally, so we have been on both ends of some of the best places in the world to live, and if it comes down to it, we will just move back to Alaska, although that is not our choice right now. Something in between the two places weather wise would be nice.

But hey, if you want to try it out, you can come live in our beautiful house until BOA comes and takes it back. Electric is running about $400 per month, but we do have a gorgeous warm pool. I will miss the home and pool, but not the electric, or gas or food prices.

Our home is near Hilo on the Big Island, and there were no jobs when we moved here after my husband retired, there are even less now. It is the poorest area in Hawaii, but the homes are affordable, very affordable right now due to the foreclosures and short sales happening from many of the second home owners that bought here in 2005-2006. We were not one of them, we bought very inexpensively several years before this, but due to the business failing we refinanced our home into a super high mortgage, sigh.....and now we need to move on.
              Last edited by panda; 03-22-2011, 03:27 PM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X