9/20 Dumped!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9/20 Dumped!

A few months ago, I posted about receiving my 90 days notice of a pending layoff within weeks of my discharge
    Of course, I didn't manage to get a job. Found out that my resume came of out the Stone Age, etc., so had to start my search all over. Then what really, really had to be the knife in the back is that my sig of 15 years also "terminated me" 3 days before my layoff.
    This has been a devastating blow, to say the least. It is a very long story, one filled with twists and turns, but we ended up with a long-distance relationship. He just neglected to tell me that " he had moved on!" With the big B and everything else that happened this year, there is no way that I was in the right frame of mind.
    He absolutely knew my termination date and could have cut me loose prior to that. It is difficult to absorb and has taken me away from my job search. In the meantime, he is insisting that I "am his best friend!" I can't cope with this.
    Hate putting stuff like this out there, but I have to process it somehow and move on. I didn't need this right now. This is such a cliche.
    BTW (there was someone else waiting in the wings). And no, I didn't seek counseling, I don't want "pre-existing conditions" to come up while I am replacing my health care. COBRA is $$$;
    Thanks for looking. This will help.

Wow fiona - it is very clear that some significant others simply are utterly incapable of understanding what this BK process is...and leaving before your layoff...on the other hand, at least it's over with...(sheepish smile). I wish I could say something more profound but I just wish you all the very best!!!!!

Regarding the resume...always taylor it to the job for which you are applying, hit the "keywords" you see in the ad, and a cover letter is a must - a TAILORED cover letter - when you can submit one. LOOK everywhere!!!! By the way, if you're going on COBRA, there is no pre-ex. As long as you don't have a more than 62 day break between group coverages, there is no pre-ex...when (Not IF!!!) you find a new job, HMO's CANNOT have pre-ex clauses...so worst thing you may have to stay in an HMO for a while.

Again, terrible things some people do - but you will survive!!!!!!!!!! Take good care of yourself, and please feel free to talk as often as you like!!!!

Comment

That just sucks.
      Hang in there friend. It seems impossible but this shall pass.

As to the counseling, perhaps you can do pastoral or some kind of community counseling that wouldn't have to go thru insurance. A local community organization here is offering free counseling to job seekers and I do believe you can discuss whatever issues you have with them. Might be worth looking into.

I know COBRA is big bucks. Health insurance is out of control.

Comment

Awww fiona... I am so very sorry. I know you must be hurting.

But bear in mind, too, that you deserve more than someone who isn't truthful about their feelings; yet calls themself your best friend.

Maybe this is the chance for a truly UBER-fresh start? I am sure you wish the higher being hadn't used so dang much 'Life-Lysol' though, huh?

Please know how many folks are here for you.

If you need help "wordsmithing" your resume or cover letter(s), just start a post in the Getting a Job thread - maybe we can even get a resume advice/help sticky made - I am sure many times we all draw a blank when it comes time to write that tailored cover letter and a fresh set of eyes or perspective can make all the difference in making sure we present ourselves in the best way possible.

Hang in there, sweetie.
        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
        Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Fiona.....so sorry to read this post. You have really been through the mill, ground up and spit out. I know it doesn't seem like it now, but I believe you will get through this and become stronger each day!!! Please keep us posted on the job search, hopefully you are getting unemployment in the meantime and something will come up soon.

For the sig........can only express my sympathy in the timing but based on the little you posted, it seems to me you are better off without that kind of "best friend" even though it hurts.

Thinking of you and hoping things get better quickly.
          Filed CH 7 4/15/11
          341 5/23/11
          DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X