Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another method of saving $$ on Medications

Good afternoon all

Just wanted to share a bit of info that I recently discovered a few days ago. I already posted that anyone can get their RX medications filled at any type of "club stores" without being a member (Sams, Costco, BJ's, etc)... but what I did not know is that you can also get any OTC meds w/out being a member from BJ's online!

We take Dimetapp cold & allergy for our year-round allergies, and I swear that stuff is made of gold or something because the price keeps going up up up! I usually stock up 2-3 times a year through on-line ordering either through Walmart or Amazon (directly from Dimetapp), but the cost is still significant ($5 for 4.oz / $10 for 8 oz bottles). Our local Costco & Sam's club doesnt sell Dimetapp in-store so I was checking around for pricing and found BJ's. They only sell Dimetapp online vs. in-store and for two 8oz. bottles it was $13.26, quite a substantial savings; . With SH/handling it worked out to $7.79 a bottle vs. $10 - and there was no "non-member fee" since it was medication; whether the others charge for OTC medications, I dont know, but something to check into.

I also did not realize that you could purchase other items (no matter what it is) w/out being a member, however all will charge a small fee for doing so. It would pay to price check and then add up all charges to see what your best deal would be.

Hope this helps!

How large of an amount of Dimetapp are you able to get at one time? I ask because at our local pharmacies--well, CVS and the others, are restricted from selling too much of certain allergy meds at a time, because some of the ingredients can be used to make methamphetamine...
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
      How large of an amount of Dimetapp are you able to get at one time? I ask because at our local pharmacies--well, CVS and the others, are restricted from selling too much of certain allergy meds at a time, because some of the ingredients can be used to make methamphetamine...
      That's true. In most places you have to show ID and they record how often you purchase it.

I checked that out, but when you figure in the cost of shipping it wasn't any less than what I pay at Target.

I did have a girl at the pharmacy tell me to google for coupons once though and I have found coupons for prescription drugs that way. I have 2 prescriptions for allergy medications and found a $30 coupon for one and a $10 rebate for the other so those helped.

Comment

Generic Ambien at Costco is about 80-90% less than everyone else.
        Always pays to shop around.

NJ doesn't allow coupons for scrips unless you are a senior. Kinda stupid law.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

@ Cat

I've purchased upwards of 24 bottles of Dimetapp from walmart at one time - and the same from Amazon w/out any issue. As to BJ's - my latest purchase was 10 8oz bottles...and still no issue. With 3 people taking 2-4 tsps twice a day, we go through quite a bit of Dimetapp in a year, but its the only thing that works w/out knocking us all out.

Now, with that being said - I'm sure I'm being watched LOL - they changed the formula for Dimetapp years ago (wish they didnt..it worked better for us) so I dont know if they monitor that or not. I do know that to get anything that contains sudaphed (name brand or otherwise) you need to give away your first born!

it amazes me the things people will do to make illegal drugs - idiots. They screw it up for those of us that truly need certain meds to end the allergy suffering.

@ KS38 - maybe your Target is cheaper where you are however every local store where we are w/in a 60 mile radius that has a pharmacy is higher in cost; as mentioned above, even with shipping added in - for us - its much cheaper. As with everything, YMMV.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X