need help desperately!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help desperately!

i applied to apt complex in sep 10. one of those tax credit apts where your income cannot exceed certain amount depending on number of occupants. was approved and moved in oct 10.fast forward to may 11. received notice on my door from leasing office regarding my lease.said i had 24 hrs to contact them or my lease would be terminated! went in to office and was thrown a huge curveball. i was told that my application was processed incorrectly and i was not eligible for the apt i am living in. said my income was calculated wrong.i had 2 options:move into a market rent apt (which they don't have any available) or move out. i was told i had 30 days to move out and i said that was impossible. i asked for 90 days but was only given 60.

apparently the person/s working in the leasing office at the time not only incorrectly processed my application, but many others as well and supposedly was arrested on fraud and theft charges by the fbi in recent months.

can they legally do this? they have offered no assistance in helping with moving costs or anything

I would call an attorney. It was their fault. I don't believe they can make you move. They offered you a lease which you signed. Does it state anywhere on that lease that they can revoke it for any reason?
    My kids better not put my FICO score on my headstone~ (quote by dspii)

Comment

try your local legal aid.. they probably have experience in this with low income situations

Comment

dneil, it appears that they can terminate my lease contract as long as it is writing

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X