One year out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One year out!

I don't remember the exact date and too lazy to look it up, but I know mid to the end of June was when the attorney sent me the congratulatory email!

The first year post BK 13 sure went a heck of a lot faster then the first year during BK 13!

We haven't really needed credit and have one credit card. We still have 2 car loans and the HELOC. That's all we have to improve our credit rating and I didn't even want to look at the credit reports. maybe by fall when we are past a year from the actual legal discharge of the BK I will reconsider looking up our credit reports

I am not too concerned about credit and not really interested in getting other credit cards, but since my husband doesn't have one he should probably have one in his name. But it seems like such a hassle to have to charge and then pay it off. I use my card basically for larger purchases and pay it off right away.

The interest went up on it and it was already a high interest card. I didn't pay attention since I pay it off, but it was around 36% how CRAZY is that?!!!

I don't really want to use any credit cards on a regular basis. I bought my daughter's wedding gown off the rack and a veil that came in just under $1,000--but paying it off for sure or the Car Wash membership for my husband around $300 and paid it off. That's how I am using the credit card knowing it's not the most strategic way, but at this point in my life I don't really care.

It's so nice to have our full regular income back for really the first time in YEARS. While in debt our money came and went to pay off the debt. Then ofcourse the BK where we basically lived paycheck to paycheck. If we were not still supporting our at the time new college grad, doing low paying internship, daughter we would have had more wiggle room, but we did what we felt was necessary and made it through.

It's so nice to be back to NORMAL. Life always has unexpected as well as expected expenses and I am glad it's easier to deal with old Murphy when he rears his ugly head. Nice to know we had enough money scourged up to pay the income taxes in April, not late. Nice to know we can pay the property taxes without too much of a struggle, etc.

I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X