Loan and being Self-Employed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loan and being Self-Employed

Just went to my hearing today and got some possibly bad news. I financed a lease-buyout on my 2009 Corolla the month before filing Chapter 7. Toyota may not have filed the lien in time to make the car secured so the court may take it for debts. Bad for Toyota and bad for me also!

All this is still up in the air..........

Anyway the loan with Toyota is 21.5% for 60 months, outrageous I know, especially for BEFORE BK filing but my score was 580. Plus the F&I folks at Toyota told me they do NO deals after BK so it was then or never!

I'm thinking of just going ahead and trying to get one of these other sub-prime loans for a car that's worth less money. I like the Blank Check idea, shop around, make offers and find something. If the court takes the car fine. If they don't I can just let Toyota have it because it's not reaffirmed, just on "voluntary" payment status.

Thing is I don't get paycheck stubs since I have my own business. Also in my business I see quite a bit of cash (mattress store) which sometimes doesn't "show up" in the bank so my income doesn't look that great.

Anyone here self-employed and had experience getting one of these loans?
    Last edited by tah; 05-09-2011, 11:13 AM.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X