After the 341

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the 341

My 341 was a couple of weeks ago, I was first to sign in and was first to go, it was real quick, basic questions, and no objections. Feel good about it. 3 yr, 10% plan, real easy to budget and live with. My feelings are like, “what are my goals now?” I feel like I shouldn’t have any savings since I shouldn’t have left over disposable income, I can’t set out to pay my car off faster. I have no financial goals other that waiting this out for 3 yrs. I want to take my schedule J items and put them in cash envelopes, especially the auto and home maintenance items and save what’s left over after gas and minor stuff to save for when I need tires or a major appliance.

Save as much as you can, thats all I have been doing for 3.5 years. But also treat yourself too. We have gone on vacations and weekend getaways. Just don’t go hog wild. Then just live normal, and keep the bankruptcy on the back burner in your mind don’t let it run your life or your will have anxiety and panic over it

Comment

If you have money set it aside because you might need it for something unexpected.

I agree to treat yourself if you can afford it as well. We were in 100% over 5 yrs which was harder to manage. After the first year it was a big easier on us and we would still go out to eat or get take out or Doordash, but nothing too costly/not going crazy and doing it every day!
      I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X