top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

after repo, when can I cancel insurance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bkmaggster
    replied
    Originally posted by pookieny View Post
    You can cancel your insurance after you turn in your plates to the DMV.
    I believe this depends on your state, I've never lived in a state where you "turn in" your plates.

Leave a comment:

• jribe
    replied
    Originally posted by hopefulbk View Post
    Right away or when I turn in the tags? Or do I wait until the bank gets ownership? I have NOT filed bk yet.
    i cancelled my insurance as soon as they took it. Even the repo person said to.. It's not your responsibility after that- and besides; you're filing for BK anyway. If something does happen to it, it's not like you'll be paying

Leave a comment:

• pookieny
    replied
    You can cancel your insurance after you turn in your plates to the DMV.

Leave a comment:

• ela805
    replied
    I'm definitely not advising this but I kept my insurance b/c I was afraid I'd have a hard time getting insurance on another car. So I kept it and then when I got another car-3 months later- I transferred the insurance to the new-used car and cancelled it on the old-repoed car. I just didn't want to deal with trying to get insurance and then ending up with some second chance insurer or high rate due to the bk. I don't even know if that would have happened, but I didn't want to chance it.

Leave a comment:

• hopefulbk
    replied
    I didn't get anything in writing either because it happened so fast and I was in shock more than anything. I did call the bank and it is in their records that it was repo'd yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• aces67
    replied
    Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
    When your vehicle is repossessed, or if you voluntarily surrender it, get a SIGNED AND DATED receipt from the person picking it up. Your liability for it is then gone, and you can cancel insurance at any time you wish after that.
    What if you can't get something in writing from them? The wrecker company called today and said they'd come pick up dh's truck at 3 pm tomorrow. I want it gone but there's no way I can meet them. They are picking it up from my mom's and she won't be there either.

Leave a comment:

• AngelinaCat
    replied
    When your vehicle is repossessed, or if you voluntarily surrender it, get a SIGNED AND DATED receipt from the person picking it up. Your liability for it is then gone, and you can cancel insurance at any time you wish after that.

Leave a comment:

• hopefulbk
    started a topic after repo, when can I cancel insurance?

after repo, when can I cancel insurance?

Right away or when I turn in the tags? Or do I wait until the bank gets ownership? I have NOT filed bk yet.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X