top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meeting with BK Lawyer tomorrow

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Brittanie55
    replied
    Thanks so much! Will do, thanks again for answering my questions, I appreciate it!

    Leave a comment:


  • backtoschool
    replied
    Originally posted by Brittanie55 View Post
    Very true, but if it goes into my name only then I can kiss it goodbye now! I think I am ready to go for tomorrow now. I have a list of questions, a list of all my assets with the value I put on them and a list of all my creditors with all the needed info. Is there anything else I should bring?
    I think you are ready! Good luck, and let us know how it went.

    Leave a comment:


  • Brittanie55
    replied
    Very true, but if it goes into my name only then I can kiss it goodbye now! I think I am ready to go for tomorrow now. I have a list of questions, a list of all my assets with the value I put on them and a list of all my creditors with all the needed info. Is there anything else I should bring?

    Leave a comment:


  • backtoschool
    replied
    Originally posted by Brittanie55 View Post
    I understand. Well I am sure that by time I will get it, if the economy stays the way it is, there will be hardly anything left. With my luck though it will sky rocket and there will be a ton of money and I will get none of it. Oh well it is my fault anyways!
    Well, the half that is in your grandfather's name is not part of your bankruptcy estate.

    Leave a comment:


  • Brittanie55
    replied
    I understand. Well I am sure that by time I will get it, if the economy stays the way it is, there will be hardly anything left. With my luck though it will sky rocket and there will be a ton of money and I will get none of it. Oh well it is my fault anyways!

    Leave a comment:


  • backtoschool
    replied
    Originally posted by Brittanie55 View Post
    Well like I said, I wont be doing that, don't need anymore issues then I already have lol.

    What if my grandfather completely takes my name off the stock and doesn't give it to me, then I don't have to tell the trustee about it right? it used to have quite a bit of money in it but with the economy and everything it went wayyyy down. I might just ask him to keep it for himself and take my name completely off everything having to do with it.
    You can't do that now because it is too close to filing and would be considered hiding assets.

    You can't transfer your name off of or onto assets for two years before filing without listing the transaction in your petition.

    Leave a comment:


  • Brittanie55
    replied
    Well like I said, I wont be doing that, don't need anymore issues then I already have lol.

    What if my grandfather completely takes my name off the stock and doesn't give it to me, then I don't have to tell the trustee about it right? it used to have quite a bit of money in it but with the economy and everything it went wayyyy down. I might just ask him to keep it for himself and take my name completely off everything having to do with it.

    Leave a comment:


  • backtoschool
    replied
    Originally posted by Brittanie55 View Post
    I will just have to bring it up with my lawyer. I wont be able to file until the middle of Nov anways because I need to wait for a year to be over from the time I paid my family member back the money. When the stock does go into my name I am hoping that my grandfathers name will be completely off of it. I would like my family to NOT know about this as much as possible.

    Not that I am going to do this but I am curious, What would happen if I didn't even tell the lawyer or trustee about getting the stock in my name? How would they know about it?
    That would be fraud and if the trustee found out about the stock, the trustee could reopen your case and have your case dismissed even if it has already been discharged.

    I forgot that you said you were filing in Nov. So that means that your 341 will be in December or January, which means that you will be getting an "inheritance" 7-8 months from your 341. The trustee will want to know about it. Most trustee's hand out a questionnaire before the 341 that you have to fill out. One of the questions is often about future inheritances.

    Leave a comment:


  • Brittanie55
    replied
    I will just have to bring it up with my lawyer. I wont be able to file until the middle of Nov anways because I need to wait for a year to be over from the time I paid my family member back the money. When the stock does go into my name I am hoping that my grandfathers name will be completely off of it. I would like my family to NOT know about this as much as possible.

    Not that I am going to do this but I am curious, What would happen if I didn't even tell the lawyer or trustee about getting the stock in my name? How would they know about it?

    Leave a comment:


  • backtoschool
    replied
    OK, here is an example scenario:

    So, let's say you finish paying your lawyer and filing by the end of Sept. That means your 341 will be at the end of October or early November. One of the standard questions that the trustee may ask you is if you have or are going to have any interest in any stocks or bonds, or inheritances, etc. You will have to say yes. The trustee will definitely be interested in the stocks.

    If your grandfather's name is on them, then your ownership is only half, so half will be safe.

    I really don't know all the details or complexities here, so this is something that you definitely will want to bring up with your lawyer.

    Leave a comment:


  • Brittanie55
    replied
    august 4th

    Leave a comment:


  • backtoschool
    replied
    Originally posted by Brittanie55 View Post
    So when the account goes into my name I will basically have to pay them the money I get from it? When I turn 25 it will still have my grandfathers name on it too I will just be listed as a secondary person.
    How long from now do you turn 25?

    Leave a comment:


  • Brittanie55
    replied
    So when the account goes into my name I will basically have to pay them the money I get from it? When I turn 25 it will still have my grandfathers name on it too I will just be listed as a secondary person.

    Leave a comment:


  • backtoschool
    replied
    Originally posted by Brittanie55 View Post
    Yeah I plan on explaining everything to my lawyer. One other thing, My grandfather bought me some stock a long time ago but it does not go into my name until I am 25, I just turned 24. Do I need to tell them about this too?
    Yes. Especially since you will turn 25 in less than a year.

    Leave a comment:


  • Brittanie55
    replied
    Yeah I plan on explaining everything to my lawyer. One other thing, My grandfather bought me some stock a long time ago but it does not go into my name until I am 25, I just turned 24. Do I need to tell them about this too?

    Leave a comment:

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X