top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Is this a solicitation, or an attempt to collect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Is this a solicitation, or an attempt to collect?

We currently have friends living in our house that we surrendered during our Chapter 7 bankruptcy. We were discharged one year ago, *had* a foreclosure sale date of December 18th of last year which was subsequently cancelled because, per the Wells Fargo attorney person that I spoke with, Wells Fargo is having issues coming up with documents required to proceed with a foreclosure.

Anywho...our friends notified us today that they have received several copies of the same letter saying we have 30 days to pay our delinquent amount of $26k and some change "or else". I don't know exactly what the letter says because we don't have a copy yet (they're mailing us one tomorrow), but they said it's from "Default Resolution Network- Fidelity National Title Insurance Company, San Francisco California" on the letter. It also has a phone number of 888-828-2377 on it. I told her it's most likely a solicitation, but she said they had all kinds of information on the form and it looked very official? She also mentioned that someone from CoreLogic stopped by and was taking pictures of the house and took down her name...we haven't received any correspondence from anyone, no new notices on what's happening at all, no postcards from CoreLogic to fill out, nothing. So I was a little surprised to hear that.

Anyone have any idea what this is? I'd like to take this as signs of life in our foreclosure process but I doubt that's what's going on. We've had months of nothing and then all of a sudden to start receiving solicitations and have CoreLogic come around again I guess makes me want to believe that they might be moving on it again...

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X