top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feel like a loser - got turned down for Target debit card

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pjmax
    replied
    Originally posted by kawh View Post
    Thanks for the reminder! I had been planning to apply for a PP debit M/C a month ago, then it slipped my mind, til now.
    Just remember, cash back is only good when you don't use a pin with it, so when the clerk says 'debit or credit?' you want credit. Kind of a misnomer since it's not really credit, tied to your bank account. It took me awhile to figure out that I shouldn't use my pin.

    Leave a comment:


  • kawh
    replied
    Originally posted by Pjmax View Post
    Just an FYI, the Paypal Mastercard debit card pays 1% cash back, and can be used pretty much anywhere. I even get 1% back on my car insurance. My autopay is linked to that card.

    It doesn't seem like much, but I forget about it and every now and then there's a nice surprise in my Paypal account.
    Thanks for the reminder! I had been planning to apply for a PP debit M/C a month ago, then it slipped my mind, til now.

    Leave a comment:


  • ksgirl38
    replied
    Originally posted by Pjmax View Post
    Ksgirl38, in case you missed it, the Target card in question is a debit, not a credit card. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I see on the website, if you have your prescriptions there, with the debit card it's an additional 5% off those too.
    I guess I did miss that. Although I really don't want another debit card, but the 5% would be nice. I guess any discount is better than nothing.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pjmax
    replied
    Ksgirl38, in case you missed it, the Target card in question is a debit, not a credit card. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I see on the website, if you have your prescriptions there, with the debit card it's an additional 5% off those too.
    Last edited by Pjmax; 07-30-2012, 11:37 AM. Reason: Can't type!

    Leave a comment:


  • ksgirl38
    replied
    I used to get extra credit card points for shopping Target on my credit card, but since I'm on a cash only basis now I guess it doesn't matter where I shop - Walmart or Target. Although my prescriptions are at Target and I guess I just prefer them. Sadly the 5% discount was never enough to get me to apply for a Target card.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mayo
    replied
    My wife got the Target DC before our 13 discharge. Walmart isn't my favorite place to shop, so getting 5% off at Target pretty much seals the deal for me.

    Leave a comment:


  • basketsbears
    replied
    Originally posted by Pjmax View Post
    Just an FYI, the Paypal Mastercard debit card pays 1% cash back, and can be used pretty much anywhere. I even get 1% back on my car insurance. My autopay is linked to that card.

    It doesn't seem like much, but I forget about it and every now and then there's a nice surprise in my Paypal account.
    Thank you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pjmax
    replied
    Just an FYI, the Paypal Mastercard debit card pays 1% cash back, and can be used pretty much anywhere. I even get 1% back on my car insurance. My autopay is linked to that card.

    It doesn't seem like much, but I forget about it and every now and then there's a nice surprise in my Paypal account.
    Last edited by Pjmax; 07-29-2012, 08:36 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • basketsbears
    replied
    Got my card in the mail yesterday!

    Leave a comment:


  • rpg1977
    replied
    I got a Target debit card while in my 13. They never checked credit...just typed in stuff from my voided check.

    Leave a comment:


  • karm43
    replied
    ya i go to them too

    Leave a comment:


  • basketsbears
    replied
    Originally posted by karm43 View Post
    Here is one for you, I have to dress for work so on Wed the salavation army has 50 percent off, mind I only go on that day. I got 2 pant 1 express jeans 3 blouses 3 pairs of shoes then 2 pair of shorts and 2 tee for the hub and 3 tank tops 26.00!
    Love it! I go to a consignment shop for my clothes. I have lost some weight - so I take my old clothes in, and usually have $ on my account from the sale of those clothes. It is so much fun! They have great buys, and great labels - love it! It is funny, it is actually MORE fun to shop like you and I are shopping than how I used to traditionally shop.

    Leave a comment:


  • ValleYum
    replied
    Originally posted by basketsbears View Post
    I didn't apply for CC - don't want CC. I applied for debit card. It is in the mail.
    Yay!

    Leave a comment:


  • karm43
    replied
    Here is one for you, I have to dress for work so on Wed the salavation army has 50 percent off, mind I only go on that day. I got 2 pant 1 express jeans 3 blouses 3 pairs of shoes then 2 pair of shorts and 2 tee for the hub and 3 tank tops 26.00!

    Leave a comment:


  • karm43
    replied
    Be HAPPY pay cash!

    Leave a comment:

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X