top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feel like a loser - got turned down for Target debit card

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • basketsbears
    replied
    Originally posted by joshuagraham View Post
    I got declined for a credit card there too. I find it a bit amazing that store CC's are so strict. They not only make money on the CC interest, but they sell their product as well.
    I didn't apply for CC - don't want CC. I applied for debit card. It is in the mail.

    Leave a comment:


  • basketsbears
    replied
    Originally posted by joshuagraham View Post
    No, they don't even give you the discount.
    I received a $3 coupon for the delay, not the 5%. The $3 coupon was more than 5% though.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tater
    replied
    I didn't know you could save 5% with a debit card! We had a new Target open up about half an hour from us. Good to know!

    Leave a comment:


  • joshuagraham
    replied
    Originally posted by lotsahats View Post
    You still got the discount for applying, right?
    No, they don't even give you the discount.

    Leave a comment:


  • joshuagraham
    replied
    I got declined for a credit card there too. I find it a bit amazing that store CC's are so strict. They not only make money on the CC interest, but they sell their product as well.

    Leave a comment:


  • pamkev
    replied
    Good news BB

    Leave a comment:


  • basketsbears
    replied
    According to Target, when I called tonight, I was not denied. They didn't know what happened. When I was at the checkout, it just voided and said to give me a $3 coupon. I figured I was denied. The customer service rep thought it was because their power had been going off all morning. I just figured I was denied.

    Thanks for all the great support - sorry I jumped to conclusions. They must not pull credit for debit card.

    5% savings will be great!

    Leave a comment:


  • AngelinaCat
    replied
    Congratulations, BB, But did they ever tell you why you were denied in the first place?

    Leave a comment:


  • basketsbears
    replied
    Hi,

    I called Target, and they said the cards are in the mail for the debit card. I feel better, knowing that we can have the debit card, and receive 5% back.

    Thanks for all the great support!

    Lynn

    Leave a comment:


  • Pjmax
    replied
    Hi Basketbears, thought this article was intereting:

    http://money.msn.com/saving-money-ti...9-9f740ed45daa

    Could be as simple as the clerk entered your info incorrectly.

    Leave a comment:


  • basketsbears
    replied
    Originally posted by jcsawyer View Post
    If they didnt ask for a voided check they did it for the credit card. My sister went through the same thing after I told the cashier she didnt want the credit card she wanted the debit that was attached to her bank account. She told me I didnt know what I was talking about (seeing as how I had just recently did the same thing the month prior yes I did know what i was talking about LOL for both mine and my husbands bank account!!!) I would try at the csr desk and tell them you want the red debit not credit and that you have your check with you so that they can open the account.

    So sorry you had to go through that there should not be any issue as they do not run credit check with that type of account.
    Thanks!

    I am going to double check - but I had a voided deposit slip with me and they used that. It didn't actually come out and "deny", but didn't give them anything. Just said to give me a $3 coupon. They did tell me to come back & try again - I just figured I was denied because of the BK. There is a toll-free number for Target so I think I will try there.

    Thanks!
    Last edited by basketsbears; 07-24-2012, 01:35 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • jcsawyer
    replied
    If they didnt ask for a voided check they did it for the credit card. My sister went through the same thing after I told the cashier she didnt want the credit card she wanted the debit that was attached to her bank account. She told me I didnt know what I was talking about (seeing as how I had just recently did the same thing the month prior yes I did know what i was talking about LOL for both mine and my husbands bank account!!!) I would try at the csr desk and tell them you want the red debit not credit and that you have your check with you so that they can open the account.

    So sorry you had to go through that there should not be any issue as they do not run credit check with that type of account.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pjmax
    replied
    Originally posted by andy158 View Post
    Your statement couldn't ring more true! I know several people with excellent credit scores (800+). They always seem to constantly talk about money, act Scroogelike and are overall miserable people. I like the adage of "God doesn't like money. Look at the people he gave it to"
    I just love that quote!

    Leave a comment:


  • andy158
    replied
    Originally posted by ValleYum View Post

    Your silly credit score doesn't define you as a person today or ever.

    <3
    Your statement couldn't ring more true! I know several people with excellent credit scores (800+). They always seem to constantly talk about money, act Scroogelike and are overall miserable people. I like the adage of "God doesn't like money. Look at the people he gave it to"

    Leave a comment:


  • basketsbears
    replied
    Well, maybe I will call and see what happened. Like the one girl said, they had been having their power go on and off so maybe it was a problem???

    Like I have said earlier - we have no problems at all with our checking account.

    Leave a comment:

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X